Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Date...

5 posters

Go down

First Date... Empty First Date...

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:36 am

Myself and Mrs Blue are out tonight celebrating the 27th anniversary of our first date.ilu Now I realise that I may be up for some ridicule for such an admission, as we will also celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary next month. (We married after living together for nearly 10 years).  

So come on fess up, anybody else celebrate their first date or are we just a tiny bit sad?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

First Date... Empty Re: First Date...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:40 am

Congratulations Blue, you old smoothie. No wonder you get to go on so many golf trips with the boys.

Not sure if either of us can remember when the first proper date was, sometime in January 1997, but we do remember the night we met the previous October. We don't do anything special per se but it holds a significance for both of us.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 am

Congratulations Blue, and a medal for Mrs Blue. Hope you have a lovely evening.  Smile 

I met my (now ex) husband on 18th April 1977, and we got engaged on 18th April 1980 - and celebrated the anniversary for 19 happy years!

We got married on 18th October 1980, so hubby only had to remember "18" as the important number!  Innocent 

Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 pm

I can't remember my first date with LordPutt but we met on a golfing holiday on the Costa del Sol (I was with a group of women from my club and he was with male friends from London on the same holiday) organised by a friend of mine. She arranged for both groups to get together for a drink at the start of the week and we just clicked. Unfortunately, he was in an "on and off" relationship with someone at the time (he was a widower) and although we met up afterwards and had 3 glorious months together, he then went back to her. TWO YEARS later, he rang me out of the blue, said he'd been an idiot and could we try again. We have just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary  ilu We married in my then home town of Bournemouth in 2000 so he'd always have a chance of remembering how many years we'd been married - and we married exactly 12 months to the day that we got engaged (while on holiday in Corfu).
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:04 am

Congratulations LP; well done for knocking some sense into LordP. I like how you've been helping him remember the big dates...

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:50 am

LP - living proof that everything comes to she who waits! Congratulations on the 14 years.  ilu 
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:11 am

Can't believe he got a second chance LP. I trust you remind him of your generosity every day!.... Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:23 am

my missus doesn't remember our first date.

must be the rohypnol.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Welcome back LJ! Laughing
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content