Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Insurance

+2
Davie
Noshanking
6 posters

Go down

Golf Insurance Empty Golf Insurance

Post by Noshanking Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I just wonder how many people on here have golf insurance and if so any companies you would or conversely would not recommend based on your own experience of having made a claim for something in the past. When I was last a member of a club I took out pretty basic insurance with GolfCare which is always being promoted in the various magazines. I know some household insurance policies will cover the cost of your kit being half-inched from a locked boot of your motor, but won't cover you in the unhappy event you batter someone with a wayward shot on the course. I don't travel abroad to play like our globe-trotting compadres JAS and D4S to name but two, but wonder if taking cover out is really worth it. I have managed to avoid hitting someone in the 30+ years I have been playing the game but we live in an increasingly litigious society don't we Rain Cloud Innocent Cross Fingers
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Golf Insurance Empty Re: Golf Insurance

Post by Davie Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't have golf insurance, but considering the cost (compared to what I already pay) I really should do and everytime I see something like this it reminds me that I should do it!

GolfCare doesn't seem so bad though - I may finally get around to it!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Most reputable Insurance Companies include a section under their contents policy which includes cover for your Personal Liability. This normally will include protection for you as a private individual whilst in and away from your home for, amongst other things, claims made against you for causing accidental injury to any other person...such as battering someone with a wayward shot on the course!

Although the policy conditions and terms are usually fairly standard, they can sometimes vary between Insurers. Best advice is to read your policy to check...and try and contain that feeling of excitement whilst you do so!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

I think I used to use GolfCare when I was a regular player - they even paid out when I got my first hole in one! Whichever firm you use, it is worth it if you are a regular player because, as NS says (welcome back, by the way) while your house insurance might cover someone nicking your clubs from the boot of the car (but this is increasingly unlikely), it doesn't cover you killing someone with a wayward tee shot!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Providing you didn't do it on purpose it probably would!

I dealt with a case a few years ago when a golfer, playing in a veterans match was hit in the face by an errant drive. Unfortunately he lost the sight of an eye as his glasses shattered from the impact. The household insurers of the golfer who hit the drive paid out £25,000 to the injured person, although they subsequently recovered some of this amount from the insurers of the golf club after they successfully argued that poor course design was a contributory factor to the incident.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm

It's been my understanding that most clubs have insurance as part of the membership package. Said standard golf cover only protects you if you hit someone or something which causes personal damage/injury or damage to property. Some also cover the costs for a hole in one bar bill. Golf club and equipment cover is part of my contents insurance for my house, and is enough to cover the full cost of replacing the lot.

If your kit isn't covered under your existing contents cover, then do it as it's cheaper. If your club don't include insurance within the membership fee, then you should look for getting cover. I've been close a couple of times to hitting cars in the car park, and also admit to almost smashing the window of a nearby house. It happens Embarassed
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 am

I use Golfer's Club for insurance.

As part of the deal they give you a £50 off voucher for YGT, that more than covers the cost of the insurance itself, for my annual trip overseas.

You also gets lots of offers, 5 x 2-fore-1 tickets, 5 free rounds of golf at selected courses that includes Dalmahoy, Slaley Hall, St Pierre, Celtic Manor, etc etc.
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks for the responses. Think it's well worth doing as I have been close to hitting people in the past Innocent such is the cavalier way in which I approach the game.....
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down