Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome

+12
Mary_S
Rats
Del_Boy
venice1
navyblueshorts
Maverick
LondonJonnyO
Mercurio
JDandfries
Davie
LadyPutt
Doc
16 posters

Go down

Welcome Empty Welcome

Post by Doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:45 pm

After the last couple of weeks crap we endured from our previous place of worship, I for one am glad we have somewhere well away from Hobo and his cronies. I would also like to thank Davie for giving us the new place and am confident that this will be a success.

Previous BBC 606 guys, and V2 guys welcome to our final resting place, and for the guys who were not really involved in the V2 breakdown of relationship, be assured that this place is a safe haven from stuff like that. bounce So I think we need to get the message out to anyone who likes the game of golf, even if they only like watching. This is a place where everyone has a voice and can air their own opinions, even if some may be a bit outlandish. There are no cliques and we even allow ladies in, although a different door :D

One thing is guaranteed, and thats we always have a good atmosphere with plenty of banter, craic, but importantly a lot of well informed posts, so let the action begin cheers
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Welcome Empty Re: Welcome

Post by LadyPutt Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Hello! I've been offline over the weekend so missed all the fun but I've registered here and am happy to carry on with the banter. Let's hope all of us on the "naughty step" eventually find our way here.

Does this mean Adam and his dastardly crew can't spy on us any more?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Welcome ALL (and helloooooooo to LPs avatar Wink )

The 606 lot can still read here - but they can't post without joining and we'll be on the lookout for that.

This place is OURS and totally unaffiliated with 606v2
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:07 am

Excellent news, lets hope we can creat a, what was it, generous populas, her too!

Waiting for Adam and Hobo to create profiles on here, certainly would seem keeping with their attitude and general 'sadness'!!

JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:16 am

I hope I've retained my veto over McLaren's inclusion.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:25 am

Mercurio wrote:I hope I've retained my veto over McLaren's inclusion.

I have to say that I've seen some of Mac's recent posts on the dark side, and I'm dissapointed in him No
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 am

IMO Mac should be given a chance of a clean start here (if he wishes)
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:28 am

Davie wrote:IMO Mac should be given a chance of a clean start here (if he wishes)

I agree, as soon as he's apologised.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 am

To be perfectly honest I'm a little confused with what his 'agenda' might be.

Particularly in relation to my 'being dragged from somewhere'. No secret people know how to contact me directly via other means.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 am

Have to say I've been very disappointed by Macs comments! Seems to be showing himself in the school grass light, certain comments alluding to us and supposedly our behaviour and inability to create good golf chat. His aganeda seems mightly like trying to get in with Hobos team and if that's his will then good luck but I'm happy to offer a clean slate here we all start from scratch and I would happily extend that to anyone except the V2 admin team after exile for no reason and no answers from my questions
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 am

How can anyone overlook McLaren's role in us having to set this place up?

He's been an utter sh!tehawk yet people seem willing to forgive him. I'm incredulous that people will forgive him so easily. I simply do not get it. I'd hoped we all had principles and that we all acknowledged that there was a line he'd crossed.

Allowing him on here without an apology falls way short as to what I thought the standards of the posters are. I guarantee if he comes on here without any form of contriteness, there will be battles.

(Hopefully) He won't have any intention of coming here anyway - he'd look a proper choad to come on here after all he's said.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 am

Mercurio wrote:
Davie wrote:IMO Mac should be given a chance of a clean start here (if he wishes)

I disagree. He's as culpable as you were in, IMO, the over-reaction to his somewhat dark joking on that dog incident. I'm not going to keep posting pro-actively on this but I will contradict what I see as a blinkered blame game.
If you're Admin here, your rules and 'end of' but I think you're being overly sensitive on this. OK to dislike Mac but a little OTT to take this position? Mac had very little, if anything, to do with why this place has come about.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 am

Merc I agree he has been/is a tool and has behaved as such but this is a new place and slate is clean for all that includes Mac
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:20 am

Merc I agree he has been/is a tool and has behaved as such but this is a new place and slate is clean for all that includes Mac also this is a new place let's not get caught up in arguments that's have been done were here to move on
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 am

Maverick. wrote:Merc I agree he has been/is a tool and has behaved as such but this is a new place and slate is clean for all that includes Mac also this is a new place let's not get caught up in arguments that's have been done were here to move on

Resentment will exist as long as there's no apology.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:32 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Mercurio wrote:

I disagree. He's as culpable as you were in, IMO, the over-reaction to his somewhat dark joking on that dog incident. I'm not going to keep posting pro-actively on this but I will contradict what I see as a blinkered blame game.
If you're Admin here, your rules and 'end of' but I think you're being overly sensitive on this. OK to dislike Mac but a little OTT to take this position? Mac had very little, if anything, to do with why this place has come about.

The irony that you have a lot to say on how this site should be run when in previous posts on other fora you made it pretty clear that you disagree with even the existence of this place is starting to become a little raw now.

It's not just McLaren's comments on that thread that I have issue with but it appears that you're ranking an antagonist as no worse than the people who respond to his antagonism. Also, you seem to be overlooking McLaren's toady actions in both the build-up to and post-creation of this forum.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 am

I think while Merc may have overreacted (i don't know what sparked it, but understand it was animal cruelty) he IS right about Mac's involvement in setting this place up.

During the issues, he was a prominant agitator and in a complete change to his usual rhetoric, sided quite deviously with the MODs!

That said, anyone should be welcomed, except Adam, Hobo etc, but we shouldnt let him cause argumenets again, if he comes he comes, cross that bridge when we get to it, but as above, given the way he has continued to be the 'teachers pet' on V2, I very much doubt he will show his face here, certainly not in his true guise!
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 am

Hello all and good tidings. I love the smell of fresh paint in the morning and the clean sight of no furniture and fixtures in the club house yet. For starters I'd like to submit to the accounting department a requisition for the following items when the appropriate funds become available:

1. Fully stocked bar
2. Large fireplace made of stone
2. One standard sized snooker table and one 9 foot billiard (pocket) table
3. Complete audio and video systems for the lounge area
4. Upright piano
5. Oversized kitchen complete with old world oven and modern appliances
6. Practice putting green in the garden area with adjacent short game area
7. Outdoor patio with grill, oven and fire pit
8. Garage style golf work shop for the guys to cuss, destroy their equipment and trade too many putters and drivers
9. A separate tea room for the ladies so they can talk whatever they talk about and powder their noses
10. Most importantly - an overabundance of toilet rooms or loos (bathrooms)

Finally: Merc, I'm sure it would take a great effort on your part to reconcile your differences with Mac but the rest of us don't have to swallow that particularly bitter pill. (We may need another purchase order for a hatchet so we can bury it) I assume that one can be banned if their conduct is unbecoming in the future.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

JDandfries wrote:I think while Merc may have overreacted (i don't know what sparked it, but understand it was animal cruelty) he IS right about Mac's involvement in setting this place up.

During the issues, he was a prominant agitator and in a complete change to his usual rhetoric, sided quite deviously with the MODs!

That said, anyone should be welcomed, except Adam, Hobo etc, but we shouldnt let him cause argumenets again, if he comes he comes, cross that bridge when we get to it, but as above, given the way he has continued to be the 'teachers pet' on V2, I very much doubt he will show his face here, certainly not in his true guise!

JD - if we don't let antagonists in, we don't need any rules.

If we do let them in, we do need rules and they should be agreed now.

I was hoping we would have no need for rules.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 am

Merc, seriously how you going to police that?

On joining, will there be a few questions?

Are you an antagonist? If yes, you can't enter.

It should be left for members to self police, that is what was wanted on V2, leave it as that, those who are MODS, and Admin, we all know them, should be given our trust that anything really untowards is dealt with accordingly.

People who aren't able to show any sort of common sense, will soon get the message!
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 am

Tired of the dog-dragging fallout etc.

I would like to submit this to the FPS (Forum Prosecution Service) for potential review by the judiciary.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 am

JDandfries wrote:Merc, seriously how you going to police that?

On joining, will there be a few questions?

Are you an antagonist? If yes, you can't enter.

It should be left for members to self police, that is what was wanted on V2, leave it as that, those who are MODS, and Admin, we all know them, should be given our trust that anything really untowards is dealt with accordingly.

People who aren't able to show any sort of common sense, will soon get the message!

The reason I suggested there should be rules was so that they know what is (or what is not) expected of them when they join. You have more power to the elbow if you can say this is what you have signed up to.

Having said the above, I feel your proposal has a chance of working so, OK, let's go with the softly, softly option. Whilst I love banter and p!ss-taking, I don't want that to lead to a culture of WUMery or intentional antagonism.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 am

I think that is the way forwards, you could add some obvious rules regarding, swearing and racism etc, but I think banter only adds to healthy debate - the less rules the better IMO
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 am

Antagonists, WUMs and the like will come and let them, its them that will feel the cold shoulder so let's just let's this be an open forum if if there's some we don't like hell I'd even invite Hibbz and then happily see him fall by the wayside when he doesn't have Homo's bunch to back him just a load of posters who want to talk golf and not slag each other off
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:30 am

JDandfries wrote:I think that is the way forwards, you could add some obvious rules regarding, swearing and racism etc, but I think banter only adds to healthy debate - the less rules the better IMO

Sounds cushty. Not sure what this fella Mac was like (although it seems not many have a nice word to say about him) but this is a new site so I think all should be welcome. It is the season to be jolly!!
Del_Boy
Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:43 am

Mercurio wrote:The irony that you have a lot to say on how this site should be run when in previous posts on other fora you made it pretty clear that you disagree with even the existence of this place is starting to become a little raw now.

It's not just McLaren's comments on that thread that I have issue with but it appears that you're ranking an antagonist as no worse than the people who respond to his antagonism. Also, you seem to be overlooking McLaren's toady actions in both the build-up to and post-creation of this forum.
You seriously have your head up your own nether regions don't you? You won't accept any fault in your own actions. Enough said I think; you and I are unlikely to get on.

I have never made even an allusion to the fact I disagree with the existence of this place. Perhaps if you keep spouting nonsense, it becomes believable to you? I would demand an apology from you but that's ridiculous.

I don't have any say on how this place should be run and I don't expect any. What is apparent however, is that you should be kept well away from any kind of authority here.

Guys and gals, I wish you well.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:52 am

Cheers NBS hope to see a lot more of you Laughing
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:16 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
You seriously have your head up your own nether regions don't you? You won't accept any fault in your own actions. Enough said I think; you and I are unlikely to get on.
What fault in which actions are you talking about?

If you're talking about the refusal to accept the rules of v2 or the way in which they were implemented then you're spot on. And now we have this place where we don't have to put up with such rules. Whether that result occurre was on v2 or elsewhere, that was always the end game.

navyblueshorts wrote:I have never made even an allusion to the fact I disagree with the existence of this place. Perhaps if you keep spouting nonsense, it becomes believable to you? I would demand an apology from you but that's ridiculous.

Your first post on v2 v2 contained: "Sorry this is the end result but was inevitable I think from some while ago". That doesn't sound like someone who was for the existence of a message board away from v2. I also recall your comments on v2 suggested otherwise. I would go back on there and quote you, but alas I am banned and can no longer easily look through your posts.

navyblueshorts wrote:I don't have any say on how this place should be run and I don't expect any. What is apparent however, is that you should be kept well away from any kind of authority here.

You'd do well to manage your expectations.

You've shown a lack of acknowledgement to any of the issues arising on v2 and your attitude towards me has been completely unacceptable. After thinking about why this is, I can only conclude that you're feeling a little sore after losing power on v2. Whatever your problem is, you need to get over it before it eats you up.

I'll ignore the 'good-bye' you said at the end of your post - just like I ignored it the other 3 or 4 times on you implied/said it on v2 v2.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Rats Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:40 am

Just a newbie who happened to join the 606v2 at the same time as the v2v2 'Breakaway' site was being set up and which I joined.
Having no history with the 606 site and therefore no agenda, might I make a suggestion. Once this site is more established with whatever rules in place, if any, then any initial threads, such as this one, which do show some disharmony should be deleted. They would only be history and might be a tad offputting to any browser who might be looking for a forum to join.

Rats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 am

Having just waded through the "Welcome" thread, I have to agree with Rats, that for any total newbies who happen to stumble across this forum - it is not very welcoming! Innocent

Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:05 am

I tend to agree with Rats and Mary (welcome both BTW) though until we get some sort of "team" here to make these choices I'm reluctant to start removing thread and appear heavy handed a la the old place

We all seem to want the best for this place but people should also be allowed to express their opinions

At the moment, most of the newcomers are old hands from BBC and V2 and know the score anyway - if we start getting an influx of REAL newbies who have no knowledge of the history then I think it may be time to do some judicious pruning but for the moment I think we can survive threads like this
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:47 am

Hi Folks,

For what it's worth I think that we do need rules; there wasn't much wrong with the rules on the previous board. The problem I found was the way in which the rules were interpreted by some and the heavy handed way in which some (but not all) enforced them.

Mavs and Davie and for that matter Navy were excellent and I wouldn't have a problem with any one of these guys administering. We already have some strong minded, articulate and clever posters but not everyone is necessarily suitable for what can often be considered a 'Henry Kissinger type role', and for sure there will be times when even best mates disagree to the point where they need to be separated.

Just my thoughts.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Rats Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 am

Davie wrote:I tend to agree with Rats and Mary (welcome both BTW) though until we get some sort of "team" here to make these choices I'm reluctant to start removing thread and appear heavy handed a la the old place

We all seem to want the best for this place but people should also be allowed to express their opinions

At the moment, most of the newcomers are old hands from BBC and V2 and know the score anyway - if we start getting an influx of REAL newbies who have no knowledge of the history then I think it may be time to do some judicious pruning but for the moment I think we can survive threads like this

Davie, your post above does reflect what I did actually say in my post - 'When this site is established' - Was not advocating the deletion of threads just for the sake of it.
BTW, do appreciate the thought and effort yourself and others are putting in to get this forum up and running.

Rats

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks Rats - yes I did notice you said "when established". I just wanted to make the point that no one elected me to this post; most people have said they are happy for me to continue (for which I thank them) but when the main reason for defection from the other place was heavy-handed moderation and administration, I wanted to distance myself from that.

I'm all for free speech wherever possible (though there are some times when free speech isn't "free")

Hope you enjoy it here and thanks for the kind words
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 am

Davie the thread didn't put us over in the best light and agree with Mary. So for me you can take it down, and maybe we should have a welcome thread as was suggested earlier, where we can all introduce ourselves, new and old timers alike. I'll go with the flow
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 am

Sorry, did not mean to put the cat amongst the pigeons. Certainly was not meaning to suggest deleting threads ad hoc. No Was just thinking how this one would read to a newbie.

Am happy to go with the flow too. ilu
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:17 am

Bonjourno boys and girls. Hope this is the final resting place. Getting a bit tired of chasing the golf forum around over the last few days. It's a clean slate, let's stop dripping about the past. As the geezer will be saying on sky sports darts over the Xmas period, 'LEEEETTTTS PLLLLAAYYYY GOOOOOLLLLFFFFF!'

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:54 am

I think that rats, mary and doc are spot on.

IMO this welcome thread has been somewhat tainted by some coming on here to keep up the them and us that caused V2 to wrongfully banish certain posters.

Now is time to move on from the arguments and fall outs of past and move forward. If everyone is happy for this thread to be archived and a new untainted welcome thread to be created then I'm happy to oblige if that's the general consensus.

If we get any overflow from the old place that seem to want to continue to ruffle the feathers and continue the mud slinging that led to the wrongful banishment of some posters; all I would ask (I'm sure davie and many of you would back me on this) rather than rising to it and responding can we hit the report button that way we can tidy it away with the trash so that anyone viewing this site can feel like its a place to come discuss golf and other things and not somewhere involved with infighting with another site. Let's rise above it all and work toward a better place for all.

Usethe forum how you enjoy your golf, with banter, etiquette toward others and as something to have fun doing
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:28 am

Hi guys,
looking fwd to some good chat over here. hope theres no problems with participation on both sides of the fence

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 am

hend085 wrote:Hi guys,
looking fwd to some good chat over here. hope theres no problems with participation on both sides of the fence

None whatsoever, the more the merrier!! Spread the word on the darkside Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 am

hendo we still have plenty of 'double dippers' I even do it, but don't post over there now. Plenty on here do though so no worries unless you upset the admins by talking about this place Wink
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 am

You cannot be considered a real double dipper until such time as you have had your PM rights revoked over there however.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum