Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil's 60

+2
BlueCoverman
Doc
6 posters

Go down

Phil's 60 Empty Phil's 60

Post by Doc Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Never got chance to see Phil almost equal the record low round of 59 yesterday. How good was it? totally unexpected for me, as I'm well used to seeing Phil spray the ball left and right off the tee and miss every fairway, yet still produce magic at times. Was this special round an accurate affair interspersed with deft short game skills, or was it a crash bang scramble?
I have a 59-belt but not much chance of me breaking any records Smile
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Phil's 60 Empty Re: Phil's 60

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:34 pm

I heard a rumour that the tax authorities had said that anyone breaking 60 would be exempt from paying all forms of tax for 5 years Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I don't know much about the round other than it was very good. He thought he had the 59 on his last hole when it horseshoed out on him. He said from 4 feet away it was looking dead centre. Shame we didn't get to see the worlds worse star jumper again Phil's 60 3461234324

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

No, Not crash, bang, Scramble. I know its hard to believe.

His all round stats were very good. Hit over 80% of the fairways if I remember from last night's coverage.

A great pity his putt for 59, did not go in. At least, he smiled about it after. ilu

I'm sure the World No 2 would have just given us a black look & grumpily walked off to cool down. Phil's 60 398825057
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 am

I did feel for him when that putt didn't go in. He did take it very well, never seems to get too phased when things go wrong. Steve met him at a cashpoint in Southport a few years ago, and said that he is a genuinely nice guy.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I love Phil. He and Dustin Johnson are probably my favourite golfers.

Phil does seem a great bloke but I've read that he's referred to as FIGJAM by others. I find it hard to believe that he's like that. In a banterish way, maybe, but not in a vindictive or vain way.

And, anyway, he is good!
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm

I think the nickname came early on in his career, remember he won his first PGA tournament while he was still in college, so I think that it could be put down to the exuberance of youth to start with. I think he has since toned it down and also backed it up by winning 4 majors.

My missus doesn't like him, she thinks there's something phony about him, but he's been a bit of a favourite of mine especially before he started to win his majors.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't think the whinging about his tax liability in the last few days endeared him to too many people. I think he soon realised that, hence the hasty back tracking
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:29 am

BlueCoverman wrote:I don't think the whinging about his tax liability in the last few days endeared him to too many people. I think he soon realised that, hence the hasty back tracking

I'm absolutely with him on his tax comments. Plus I don't consider it to be a whinge. If people want to be offended they'll find something to be offended about (that's not aimed at you btw, BC).
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum