Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Haye Fight

4 posters

Go down

The Haye Fight Empty The Haye Fight

Post by Doc Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 am

Well on Saturday I'll be on the 'rattler' down to London as a few of us have tickets to see the Haye fight. I've watched some great fights over the years, but the most dissapointing one was Haye and the useless fraudley Harrison. The fight was a joke and just a payday for Haye, and I'm glad I wasn't at the Klitchco fight to watch Haye blame a toe for getting beat. I've been to Vegas to watch Hatton which was also a disspointment against Merryweather, as Ricky was outclassed and was on the slide. But have had many great nights following Ricky especially against Kostazoa few years ago, when he completley out-punched the so-called best pound for pounder in the world. Ricky was massive that night and carried his belts with disctinction until a couple of years ago.

I'm in 2 minds about this weekends circus, but as we're going as guests, it would be a shame to miss out on something special. Of course it could be a joke night and thats why I don't believe i would have paid to watch it. I'm not even sure the fight should be taking place anyway as both blokes were a disgrace, but money and freak shows always win out. I would imagine that most people would give this a wide birth, and don't for a minute expect the audience on Saturday to be 100% boxing fans, as plenty will be there hoping to see a them rolling around kicking and biting each other
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

The Haye Fight Empty Re: The Haye Fight

Post by Redrage Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:46 am

I think it will be a really good fight to be honest! Enjoy.
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:48 am

Fancy Haye to stop Chisora early. But could be good while it lasts.
Best fight I saw live was Benn McClelland but turned out badly. Also saw a few Steve Collins fights. Always a brilliant atmosphere on a big fight night.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 am

Chisora doesn't have a great KO record and isn't terribly fit, he has a great chin though and will keep going forward so it should be great viewing. A bit odd that it is only a 10 rounder, might be Haye stacking the deck in his favour if he can't get him out of there. My only challenge is sneaking out of the birthday party I am going to and finding a pub in Edinburgh to watch it Laughing
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

Turns out Sportsters was the answer, worth sneaking out for too. Haye did a superb job, dunno where it leaves him though if a Klitchko isn't interested. IMO he has too much to lose in fighting Tyson Fury, who is a bit too big for him to really consider. It would be a very tough evening and to what end?
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Found a live stream online - it was better than I expected.

Hope you enjoyed your evening Doc. Smile
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 pm

The journey from central London to Upton Park normally takes 30-minutes, but it took us over an hour to get there, due to Olympic nonsense. getting back took over 2-hours which was a complete joke. Olympics not started yet, but our driver said massive protests happening next week, because the Olympic lanes should allow taxi's.

The under-card was a joke, but the 5-rounds of the main event were absolutely electric, and a great advert for boxing again. Both fighters went at it, and Chisora sucked up everything Haye threw at him, and we thought he would actually get Haye worried. Haye took some great shots, but then class prevailed, and what a finish. Chisora had never been on his arse before, but to be battered in that clinical way was brilliant.

Both fighters acted professional post fight and were a credit to the sport. So I'm pleased it didn't turn into a WWF exhibition

The Olympics however will see London brought to its knees if my experience is anything to go by, and remember this was Saturday night
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 am

Id like to see Haye have a few more fights at heavy to see if he is actually any good at the weight. He doesnt have to be Klitchko good, they are probably just too big for him and too schooled. But he could still leave a decent legacy by fighting other guys out there, the likes of Fury and Price and Adamek and Povetkin.
What can he gain...well a bit more respect for his career and of course a lot of dough. Believe he got 3 million for the Chisora fight which is crazy money really but if 30000 people go to see that then they would go to see him fight Fury as well and probably Price. I dont think any of the other heavies scare Haye...Im not saying he'd beat them by the way..... so he might just go down that route. Who knows in heavyweight boxing though.
Sad to see Khan lose, lots of talent but that chin will always be dodgy. Maybe now him and Brook will get it on, if Brook has the cojones to take teh fight.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 am

I don't think Haye has anything to prove, he was a dominant cruiserweight, he won a legitimate heavyweight title defended it a few times but couldn't beat the top dog. His big failing was not falling on his sword in that fight. He should have went down in a blaze of glory. In Chisora he has blown away a fighter that had never been down before, if he calls it a day he has left a decent legacy behind him. I can see why you'd like him to take on Povetkin and Adamek just to show he was the next best without any doubts... but the next best is a meaningless status to a guy who has held a title before and unified the cruiserweight division. If Fury won't fight Price, I can't see him wanting Haye either. You never know though!

Khan's problem is he is thick as two short planks. If he could box with his brains he'd be undefeated. He does have a punch resistance issue, especially when caught near the temple or where there are large numbers of nerve endings (like that left hook to the neck in the 3rd), he just blows a gasket when caught in those areas and his body goes out of control. With a problem like that you would make sure you are hard to hit... if you had any brains that is. Khan gets tagged and tagged hard every time he fights, he never learns, he never adapts. He tries to show he can take shots and takes more, so that result was an accident waiting to happen. He now needs the Brook fight and I hope they can get it done.

Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 am

He wasnt that dominant a cruiser Red, he beat the main man in Mormeck...away from home....and that was a great fight and win but there arent really many other really decent names on his record. His only other world title fight was Enzo Macarinelli so he wasnt really mixing it with mega fighters, but thats the cruiserweight division for you which is obviously why he moved up.
But I know what you are saying and even beating the guys I mention probably wouldnt give him that much credit from a lot of people but it would make more sense of just how good he was, and if he lost a few so what, he hasnt got a perfect record anyway. I think he will have one more fight ...not a tough one...then probably have another shot at a Klitchko and hopefully but up a better show this time round.
Spot on re Khan, I thought when he beat Kotelnyk he had learnt his lesson as that was a smart fight boxing on the outside, but he has gone all macho since then. Mind you thats probably got him the big pay days but it cant be doing his already depleted brain cell supply any good.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Haye was special at cruiserweight as nobody could touch him, but that meant he was limited with what he could earn. The difference between him and Calzaghi is that Joe stayed at his own weight really, whilst haye chased the dollar. Even though he's small for a heavyweight, he is fast and skilfull. Some of the shots that Chisora took reminded me of Tyson at his best, as they came from all sorts of angles, but also had power. The heavyweight division is flawed as there's nobody around except the Klitchko's. Those 2 have dominated the weight and that should never happen, and even if Vitali took the Haye fight, I don't think Haye would get the recognition he wants, as the guy is 40 now and has many injuries to get over. So a waning talent, and Vladimir who's the better fighter won't take Haye again because why should he. I think Haye will carry on regardless because he's money orientated so expect to see him take a top yank before mopping up Price and Fury. One thing's for certain and Ricky Hatton is coming back because he craves the dollar too, and thats just sad.

Khan's biggest problem has always been that he lets his family run his business affairs. His manager, promotor, PR (Or lack of) the whole thing revolves around a family business. bad choices have been made in all aspects of his career and its cost him a lot of cash. Remember the fight in manchester a couple of years ago against the Irish kid. He took the fight for cash, but his family screwed up the promotion and Sky pulled out, so in the end the event went on but he was paying the undercard fighters out of his own pocket, and the MEN wasn't full. I was there and the fight was terrible, and the Irish kid rocked Khan before the ref stepped in to stop it and gave the fight to Khan. Many of us had the Irish kid ahead on points before the fight was stopped for nothing. That fight gave boxing another bad night of reports. I can see Khan having to take the Hatton fight, which is a massive difference between a Merryweather bout that he craved. Khan needs to rebuild his reputation and fight over here for a while, George Groves, Hatton et al. The Irish kid is still a no name fighter, and was last seen on that TV show about a bunch of fighters going for mini title. The Irish kid never made it through bout 1.

Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum