Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...."

3 posters

Go down

"Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...." Empty "Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...."

Post by Doc Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 am

So the long awaited report into phone hacking by the westminster media select comittee, have ajudged poor old Rupert as being not a nice bloke. Well no surprises there then, although I have to say that the amount of spin these useless MP's have put on it is a farce. How can you have a bunch of MP's trusted to do a proper investigation and give an unbiassed report, when we all know that this bunch are all untrustworthy, love the media limelight and obviously never got involved in dodgy expenses claims ...... How can a proper report only be sanctioned by a small majority .... well it goes down party political lines, so who do you believe? Schoolboy Milliband and his labour cronies are on one side and the tory's on the other. So it is a valuable piece of work which should be used in evidence for "OfCom"
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

"Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...." Empty Re: "Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...."

Post by diggers Wed May 02, 2012 2:04 am

I think the inquiry has been worthwhile, though I dont think it needed to go on for quite so long. Its put the whole issue firmly in the public light and I really feel that a lot of the bad practices of the press will cease to exist, like phone hacking. People have gone to jail and more will probably follow which is right IMO.
I dont think it was a mistake that politicians held the investigation. I dont agree that all politicians are corrupt and self interested (though more of the Torys are Laughing ), far from it. A lot of them work there arses off when they could be making a lot more money elsewhere in the city or as barristers etc. I also dont think that all journalists are cheating, dirty scumbags who will do anything for a story....but clearly a few are.
Anything that gives transparency in these issues is a good thing and I think that this inquiry has served that purpose.

diggers

Back to top Go down

"Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...." Empty Re: "Murdoch not fit to run an organisation ...."

Post by Doc Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 am

Diggers no problem with that as far as it goes, but if the enquiry by a comittee comes up with a report of factual events, how the hell can 40% of them not agree to sign it off? Well we know why don't we, because they go down party political lines, which defeats the object. No objectivity at all and only leads to even more bickering. This comitee are more like school kids otherwise a common valid result would have been reached.

Although as you say some MP's work their arses off, plenty don't and would not be able to seek gainful employement in the real world, as plenty are unemployable and just love the sound of their own voices. Its a fact that MP's are most untrusted people in the public eye .... why is that? yes a perception but they don't do themselves any favours do they
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 am

I think they are mustrusted because they are an easy target and also because people think, oh the Torys are all self interested posh boys so all Labour voters mistrust MP's on party lines.
All of them got stung by the expenses fiasco but the vast majority were just following standard party practise, some took the piss but by no means all of them.
Id say the vast majority of MP's coming through are pretty well qualified and could work elsewhere. After all its a high risk choice of profession, you could do a brilliant job and still lose your seat as lets face it most people cant even name their local MP.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 pm

I find it amusing the BSkyB have stated they are still fit to hold a media license.

These says to me one of the following is true:

a. We know we did it... but haven't been caught
b. We know we did it... but put it through the News of the World books so we can't be caught
c. We aren't fully controlled by Murdock so we'll blame it on him if we ever get caught
d. We know we're not really fit to hold a license but they can't prove it yet
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum