Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to let you know...

+3
Mercurio
LondonJonnyO
BlueCoverman
7 posters

Go down

Just to let you know... Empty Just to let you know...

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:49 am

As it is a very quiet day on here I just thought that I would let you know that I am off on Monday week for 7 days of golf in the sunshine in Belek, Turkey.

Seeing as it is cold, wet and miserable here, I just wondered if anybody wanted to wish me a good time?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Just to let you know... Empty Re: Just to let you know...

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:59 am

are you staying at the cornelia?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:04 am

No LJ not this year. There are 24 of us going and the price has crept up a bit, so in an effort to please those on a budget the organiser has opted for the less expensive IC Santai

No doubt not such a good quality hotel as the Cornelia, but I can't say that will bother me too much as I will be on the golf courses all day and every day! I know that you are very familiar with Belek, have you stayed at the Santai?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:49 am

I wish you a good time, BCM, and bring some bloody sun back with you!
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:00 am

Thanks Merc, my comment was made a bit tongue in cheek, but I will do my best to bring some sun back with me!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 am

Lucky bar steward. Hope you enjoy it Blue. How's your mum doing?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:37 am

Thanks very much Grumps, I am looking forward to it. Mum is not doing too bad, she is at the moment fairly pain free. Her consultant has referred her details to the Royal Free London Hospital and we are currently awaiting an appointment date to take her there for advice on treatment.

I did say to Mum that I intended to drop out of the Turkey trip, but she wouldn't hear of it and was extremely insistent that I go. Obviously if her health deteriorates in any way between now and when I am due to leave my first priority will be with her.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 am

Have a good time BCM - concentrate on your golf for a week and come back refreshed and ready to fight the demons again.

I've never played in Turkey, but as you say LJ talks about it in glowing terms, and he is not easy to please. Innocent
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks oldshanker, that is good advice which I will try and take on board.

I have been to Belek a couple of times before, the golf courses are always enjoyable and the hotels are all inclusive and excellent value for money. I seem to recall that LJ has said previously that it is one of his favourite areas for a golfing holiday and I believe that LadyPutt has also spent some time there.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm

oldshanker wrote:Have a good time BCM - concentrate on your golf for a week and come back refreshed and ready to fight the demons again.

I've never played in Turkey, but as you say LJ talks about it in glowing terms, and he is not easy to please. Innocent

LJ has experienced pleasure? Shocked
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Well with a second child just been born, that's at least twice! Just to let you know... 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Well with a second child just been born, that's at least twice! Just to let you know... 3461234324

I wish I could say I remember but I was drunk at the time. Innocent

And no. Never been to the Santai. I've stayed in the Susesi and hated it. The original Gloria is ok and the Serenity is top notch.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks LJ, I'm sure the Santai will be fine. Looking forward to it anyway, will be good to play in the sunshine!

Playing at Rushmere tomorrow afternoon in a society day, heavy rain is forecast, deep joy! Rain Cloud
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:31 pm

If it carries on raining like this for much longer, I'll be back on hedgehogs and only just taken them off Sad

Drought my arse .........

Have a great trip mate and hope for a later tee time, because nothing worse than seeing stars when putting your ball down on the 1st tee. Long liquid evenings are brilliant craic, but boy its a struggle next morning. Especially when only half of you land for breakfast, a couple more seen getting out of a taxi and another couple of stragglers unwashed wearing yesterdays gear catch up to the moving mini bus Shart Fans
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Enjoy the trip BCM. I have indeed been to Belek a couple of time - my favourite hotel was the Sirene which is attached to the Sultan and Pasha courses of Antalya Golf Club which I really liked. I also stayed at the Cornelia which I detested but quite liked the Faldo course although it was very new and still "bedding in". Which courses are you playing??

As for the rain, I can't believe that ever since someone decided we were having a drought and so needed a hosepipe ban it hasn't stopped. Those of us old enough (ahem) will remember 1976 when Dennis Howell I think was made Minister for Drought which was quickly renamed Minister for Rain because it rarely stopped for months after his appointment. At least in '76 we had the pleasure of a glorious summer (from May to September) - all we've had this time is a dry, cloudy and cold winter to endure.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks Doc/LadyPutt

We are golfing every day and playing at the Carya twice, Kaya Eagles twice, with one round each on the National, Montgomery and Gloria new.

I was still at school in 1976 but I remember it well. Six weeks of school holidays with day after day spent on the beach in the brilliant sunshine.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:01 am

I don't recall 1976. But then again I wasn't even 1. unlike you lot of coffin dodgers.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:I don't recall 1976. But then again I wasn't even 1. unlike you lot of coffin dodgers.

Cheeky young whippersnapper you. No

I remember 1976 - I had a flat in Bewdley right by the river and the water was so low, the fishermen had to fish in a 6ft wide trench that runs down the middle.

oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am

Well that's it I'm good to go. Suitcase packed and clubs ready and waiting in the flight bag. Gatwick to Antalya tomorrow with good old EasyJet!

Hope that it stops raining and that you can get out on the golf course this week, or at least next weekend. See you in a week, Cheers
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum