Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bent Politics

3 posters

Go down

Bent Politics Empty Bent Politics

Post by Doc Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 am

With the latest sleazy revelations coming out this weekend, do we still think our politics is cleaner than everyone elses? Plenty of evidence about the Russians being corrupt, and as bad as the Chinese. The arab states looking after family and friends whilst their people suffer and Africa is a joke.

But we are probably not as blatant in being corrupt, but that doesn't stop it being a fact of life. There are too many vested interests involved in Westminster politics, and thats why theres a thriving lobbying industry. most MP's get themselves cushy jobs on the board of companies, and ex ministers end up earning plenty as advisors to multi-national companies, with vested interests in health, tobacco, drinks, defence, mining, oil, nuclear etc, etc, etc. So we can complain about Russian oligarchs who only got their wealth when the wall came down, by lining their own pockets when national assets were sold off (Given away) I'm not so sure.

We only need to go back a few months when our jewel in the crown defence company BAE, were fined millions for bunging people to get contracts. The yanks under Bush carved up the rebuilding contracts for Iraq and Afghanistan, all done through a company who were more or less owned by the secretary for defence. It made you wonder if the war was prolonged so that companies could make a profit.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Bent Politics Empty Re: Bent Politics

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:51 am

I thought this was going to be about a gay pride march.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 am

They need to take a good look at how the parties are funded and also a very hard look at individuals making contributions to party funds.
Neither party is perfect, Labour probably need to disentangle themselves from being so reliant on trade union support and the Torys are a bunch of weasily, slimy money grabbing scum who are utterly corrupt to the core and would shaft their Granny for a guinea. I cant even bring myself to talk about the miserable turncoat Liberal tossers.
Thats my balanced view on the subject anyway. Smile

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down