Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea?

2 posters

Go down

New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea? Empty New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea?

Post by Noshanking Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 am

A lad I play with has just bought some shiny new bats (Cleveland 588-MTs). He has struggled with his swing anyway and off 18 handicap I have to wonder if procuring these (less forgiving than what he was wielding) are money well spent. He does have lessons with our club pro, but after numerous swing changes doesn't seem to have made any progress. He has a job to hit these new irons, which look like the 'better player' category which I would have thought would have suited someone off about 9 handicap. But what do I know  Innocent 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea? Empty Re: New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea?

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:18 pm

nah, They're nobbers clubs. All hollow to put it up in the air with loads of tech to help the average twat with a shiny fetish seem like some kind of a player.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea? Empty Re: New Bats - Bold new move or stupid idea?

Post by Noshanking Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:14 am

So he got suckered into the 'shiny things' syndrome when the bats he has already were probably more than adequate. Also suffers from 'paralysis by analysis' too methinks. How can you think of more than one or possibly two things on the back-swing? He's got about 7 different swing thoughts in his mind. Surely you won't hit a cow's arse with a banjo with that kind of muddled thinking  Shocked 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:58 am

Bumped into aforementioned golfing buddy today. It transpires golfing outlet sold him bats with stiff shafts which probably explains why (after 27 holes of use) he cannot hit a barn door with them from 8 feet. It does beg the question, why didn't the outlet (which has all the swing technology in-house) sold him bats which were clearly not going to help his game. They have agreed to take them back sans £50.00. Don't think I shall bother visiting this establishment any time soon  scratch 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down