Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35

+4
BlueCoverman
Mary_S
Davie
1GrumpyGolfer
8 posters

Go down

GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 Empty GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 am

Portugal Open

11 - 14 October 2012 ___ TPC Oceanico Victoria Golf Course, Vilamoura, Portugal

Tournament value: Weighted 1

Leaderboard - Final Round

Pos. Name ______________ Cuts _______ Rd1 ____ Rd2 ____ Rd3 ____ Rd4 ___ Finish ___ Total

1. BlueCoverman ________ 25 (5/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 100

2. Mary_S ______________ 20 (4/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 85

2. Redrage _____________ 25 (5/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ 10 _______ 30 ______ 85

2. raycastleunited _____ 50 (6/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _______ 25 ______ 85

5. LadyPutt ____________ 15 (3/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 70

6. Davie _______________ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 20 _____ 00 _______ 25 ______ 65

7. 1GrumpyGolfer _______ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _______ 20 ______ 40

What a finish to the GCUK Fantasy League Portugal Open. Stirring words of encouragement were passed onto the pros as they battled valiantly for each GCUK Fantasy Leaguer.

Mary_S, RedRage and raycastleunited kept the pressure up on Lucky BlueCoverman but it wasn't to be their day. They all finished 15 points short in a three way tie for second. Davie was looking strong with Bernd Wiesberger looking for a win but two late bogies put paid to that hope. LadyPutt took advantage of that stumble to sneak into 5th place. 1GrumpyGolfer coaxed both of his charges to strong rounds even picking up low round bonus points but he stayed cemented in place at the bottom of the leaderboard.

But the day belonged to Lucky BlueCoverman. Like many others he had Danny Willett in his picks who blitzed the course with one of the low round 63s and secured a top 10 finish. George Coetzee also had a good round to join Willett in the Top 10. Another top 20 finisher was the popular pick of Francesco Molinari and these were enough to secure victory.

Almost everyone, sorry Davie, had one of the low rounds of the day. Danny Willett was one and LadyPutt bucked the trend by picking Raphael Jacqueline instead.

No one picked Marcel Siem for the worst round of the day, he stumbled to a final round +9, 80. But he didn't suffer the ignominy of finishing last. That dubious honour fell to Jamie Elson but no one picked him either.

Final Round Low Score (10 Points):
Danny Willett -8

1. 1GrumpyGolfer
2. BlueCoverman
3. Mary_S
4. RedRage
5. raycastleunited

Raphael Jacqueline -8

1. LadyPutt

Final Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Marcel Siem +9

1. None

Last Place (10 Points):
Jamie Elson

1.None

Pretty much everyone moved on moving except 1GrumpyGolfer and yes, this game is still stupid!

Lucky BlueCoverman, not that I'm bitter and twisted at all, has moved back to the top of the leaderboard at the Portugese Open. He had two picks make it into the hallowed hall of fame which is the Round 3 Top 10 low scores. He has now opened up a 5 point lead over raycastleunited who failed to coax any of his six picks into the Top 10 low scores.

RedRage has overtaken Mary_S for third spot after he too had two picks in the Top 10 low scores where Mary_S could only advance one pick. Davie was the other big scorer of the day with two picks. Davie also narrowly missed out on sharing low round of the day honours as Bernd Wiesberger's birdie putt just slipped past the cup on the last. LadyPutt also had one pick in the Top 10 low scores and opened up a gap to 1GrumpyGolfer who is close to packing up his stuff and going home.

No one had Andrew Dodt who had the low round of the day with a -7, 64. No one had Jbe Kruger either who shot the worst score of the day, a +6, 77.

3rd Round Low Score (10 Points):
Andrew Dodt -7

1. None

3rd Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Jbe Kruger +6

1. None

3rd Round Top 10 (10 Points):
-4 and lower

Well this game is just stupid. Who's clever idea was this to carry on the Fantasy League. Oh, okay, I'll continue to keep posting and collating results.

Normal service is resumed; 1GrumpyGolfer has fallen to the bottom of the leaderboard and can't even blame the league administrator. This crappy event happened after the shakeup from the second day of play at the Portugese Open.

But let's talk about the good stuff. Raycastleunited has sprung to the top of the leaderboard proving that the you don't need to be the early bird to get the good picks. All six of his limited selection picks made it through to the weekend earning him the 20 bonus points that come with that feat. In second place, and it pains me to say this at this time, is BlueCoverman. He had five picks make it through, his Ryder Cup hero of, Martin Kaymer prevented him from matching raycastleunited.

Mary_S has slipped to third after she only managed to get four picks through to the weekend's action. RedRage was the other big mover of the day as he also had five picks through to the weekend. His stirring words obviously had no effect on Gareth Maybin who must have been away with the fairies at that time. LadyPutt had three picks through and Davie and 1GrumpyGolfer only managed to get two picks through.

Davie also picked up bonus points for Bernd Wiesberger who shared low round score honours with Johan Edfors. Both shot -6, 65s. No one picked Michael Jonzon for worst round of the day. He had a nightmare on the 11th with an 11 but did bounce back immediately with two birdies after that but it was too little to late as he eventually finished with a +1, 86.

2nd Round Low Score (10 Points):
Bernd Wiesberger -6

1. Davie

Johan Edfors -6

1. None

2nd Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Michael Jonzon +15

1. None

Cut line (5 Points):
Even and lower

What a poor day of scoring for the GCUK Fantasy Leaguers. Only two participants picked up points and they have surged into the early lead at the Portugal Open. The good news for the rest is that the lead is only 10 points and they're sitting in third place.

BlueCoverman, Fantasy League choker, is sitting in first place, again, after his pick of Christian Nilsson sneaked into the Round 1 Top 5 low scores. Mary_S is also at the heady heights at the top of the leaderboard but her points came via one of the worst round scorers. Those points may be useful now but her pick of Andrew Marshall is in danger of not making it into the weekend.

No one picked either of the two leaders; Ross Fisher and Stephen Gallacher who both shot -6, 65s and no one picked Richard S Johnson who also shared in the worse round of the day.

1st Round Low Score (10 Points):
Ross Fisher -6

1. None

Stephen Gallacher -6

1. None

1st Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Andrew Marshall +8

1. Mary_S

Richard S Johnson +8

1. None

1st Round Top 5 (10 Points):
-4 and lower

Okay, so this is the Portugal Open held in Vilamoura. It’s famous for the marina and golf. What else, not sure, do I care, do you care; I don’t really think so. You’re probably more worried about me posting this so you can make your picks.

Everyone please notify others of changes in field before tournament starts and invalid or incomplete picks from participants.

Rankings based on the Official World Golf Ranking for Week 40 – October 7th 2012:

CATEGORY A
Francesco MOLINARI 31
Martin KAYMER 33
Gonzalo FDEZ-CASTANO 36
Branden GRACE 37
David LYNN 42
Thomas BJORN 45
Rafa CABRERA BELLO 48
Alexander NOREN 51
Simon DYSON 53
Padraig HARRINGTON 55
Jamie DONALDSON 56
Marcel SIEM 60
Thorbjørn OLESEN 62
Anders HANSEN 63
Alvaro QUIROS 69

CATEGORY B
Pablo LARRAZABAL 73
Bernd WIESBERGER 74
Matteo MANASSERO 80
George COETZEE 81
Robert ROCK 84
Miguel-Angel JIMENEZ 85
Danny WILLETT 99
Joost LUITEN 101
Stephen GALLACHER 114
Darren CLARKE 116
Raphaël JACQUELIN 120
Victor DUBUISSON 122
Henrik STENSON 124
Thomas AIKEN 125
Michael HOEY 127
Shane LOWRY 128
Fredrik ANDERSSON HED 134
Ross FISHER 140
Søren KJELDSEN 148
Jaco VAN ZYL 155
Grégory BOURDY 159
Mark FOSTER 160
Hennie OTTO 163
Lee SLATTERY 166
Kristoffer BROBERG 167
Thomas LEVET 171
Julien QUESNE 172
Jbe KRUGER 174
Richard STERNE 178
Grégory HAVRET 181
Peter LAWRIE 184
Darren FICHARDT 185
Marc WARREN 186
Scott JAMIESON 188
Anthony WALL 191
David DRYSDALE 197
Edoardo MOLINARI 203
Magnus A CARLSSON 207
James MORRISON 210
Ricardo GONZALEZ 212
Simon WAKEFIELD 215
Felipe AGUILAR 217
Fabrizio ZANOTTI 219
Lorenzo GAGLI 226
Tom LEWIS 227
Keith HORNE 228
Matthew BALDWIN 229
Richard FINCH 235
Joel SJOHOLM 237
Alejandro CANIZARES 239
Ricardo SANTOS 249
Hugo SANTOS 249
Richard GREEN 254
Johan EDFORS 255
Tommy FLEETWOOD 261
David HOWELL 265
Sam LITTLE 274
Paul MCGINLEY 284
Graeme STORM 286
Peter WHITEFORD 288
Andrea PAVAN 290
Steve WEBSTER 291
Gary BOYD 296
José Manuel LARA 299

CATEGORY C
Damien MCGRANE 309
David HORSEY 313
Jorge CAMPILLO 316
Mikael LUNDBERG 317
Benjamin HEBERT 320
Jean-Baptiste GONNET 322
Ignacio GARRIDO 323
Mikko ILONEN 335
James KINGSTON 344
Craig LEE 348
Rhys DAVIES 352
Christian NILSSON 357
Robert-Jan DERKSEN 359
Tjaart VAN DER WALT 359
Robert COLES 380
Shiv KAPUR 383
Estanislao GOYA 387
Phillip PRICE 390
Bradley DREDGE 397
Kenneth FERRIE 398
George MURRAY 410
Oliver WILSON 413
Andrew MARSHALL 424
Jamie ELSON 434
Carlos DEL MORAL 435
Gareth MAYBIN 449
Alastair FORSYTH 452
Richard BLAND 453
José Maria OLAZABAL 461
Colin MONTGOMERIE 462
Simon KHAN 469
Jason KNUTZON 480
Richard MCEVOY 498
Martin WIEGELE 507
José-Filipe LIMA 508
Niclas FASTH 518
Maarten LAFEBER 519
Markus BRIER 522
Matthew ZIONS 526
Alvaro VELASCO 538
Paul WARING 546
Daniel DENISON 549
Jamie MOUL 555
Federico COLOMBO 559
Lloyd SALTMAN 569
Oscar FLOREN 573
Joakim LAGERGREN 577
Rafa ECHENIQUE 578
Richard S JOHNSON 600
Rich BEEM 602
Pablo MARTIN 605
Michael CAMPBELL 607
Robert DINWIDDIE 634
Michael JONZON 657
Andrew DODT 690
Scott STRANGE 716
Stephen DODD 747
Shaun MICHEEL 767
Peter HEDBLOM 774
Pedro FIGUEIREDO(AM) 1258
Antonio ROSADO N/A
Nuno HENRIQUES N/A
Tiago CRUZ N/A
Ricardo MELO GOUVEIA(AM) N/A

Upcoming events:

____________ Date ___________ Event ______________________________________ Weight

Event #36 _ Oct 18 - Oct 21 ___ McGladrey Classic ____________________________ Weighted 1
_______________________________ Seaside Course, Sea Island, Georgia, USA

Event #37 _ Oct 25 - Oct 28 ___ Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship _____________ Weighted 1
_______________________________ Sunrise Golf & Country Club, Yang Mei, Taoyuan, Taiwan

Event #38 _ Nov 01 - Nov 04 ___ WGC - HSBC Champions _________________________ Weighted 2
_______________________________ Mission Hills Golf Course, Shenzhen, China

RULES

Picking players: Unless stated, pick a total of 6 players as follows:

Pick 2 players from each category, plus a reserve per category.

Event winner: The person with the most total points at the completion of each event will be declared the winner. In case of a tie, those involved will match-off each picks' final position score in descending order. i.e. Player A's best finish vs. Player B's best finish, Player A's 2nd best finish vs. Player B's 2nd best finish, etc... until one's pick finishes better than the other(s).

If there is a tie after all 6 picks have been matched against each other, those involved will be declared co-winners.

Order of Merit: The person with the most total points at the completion of the season will be declared the GolfChatUK Fantasy League Champion. If there is a tie for total points at the completion of the season, those involved will be declared Co-Champions.

Player Withdrawals: If you pick a player who withdraws during a tournament, that player will be treated as nil scoring. If a player withdraws before starting the tournament then your reserve will be put in that player's place. It is up to you to check that your players are in the starting field.

Holidays / Absences: If you will be absent for an upcoming event (e.g holidays) you may post the numbers on the most recent fantasy league event and the respective tournament(s) that apply.

Example: Pick 2 players and 1 reserve from each category and the relative event number or name: Players 4 and 8, reserve 9 from Category A, players 1 and 7, reserve 3 from Category B, players 1 and 2, reserve 12 from Category C, you get the idea.

Failure to submit picks: If you do not submit picks you will be awarded zero points.

Deadlines: Picks must ideally be submitted before the first drive is struck on the first day of the tournament. However, late picks submitted after the tournament has begun must be for players who have yet to start (or are not showing a score online), and these will not be valid unless they are seconded by any other league member.

All fantasy league disputes and discrepancies will be considered by the League Judge: LadyPutt. All decisions made by the League Judge are final.

SCORING SYSTEM

______________ Weighted 1 ____ Weighted 2 ___ Weighted 3

Winner ___________ 60 ___________ 120 __________ 180
2nd ______________ 40 ____________ 80 __________ 120
3rd ______________ 30 ____________ 60 ___________ 90
4th ______________ 20 ____________ 40 ___________ 60
5th - 10th _______ 15 ____________ 30 ___________ 45
11th - 15th ______ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30
16th - 20th _______ 5 ____________ 10 ___________ 15
Last Place _______ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30
Low Round * ______ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30
Worse Round * ____ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30
Make Cut __________ 5 ____________ 10 ___________ 15
All 6 Make Cut ___ 20 ____________ 40 ___________ 60
Round 1 Top 5 * __ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30
Round 3 Top 10 * _ 10 ____________ 20 ___________ 30

* Points awarded for round only

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 am; edited 6 times in total

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 Empty Re: GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35

Post by Davie Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Okay, so this is the Portugal Open held in Vilamoura. It’s famous for the marina and golf. What else, not sure, do I care, do you care; I don’t really think so. You’re probably more worried about me posting this so you can make your picks.

Awww Grumps don't be like that! Wink

You know we are grateful for you taking over but I for one appreciate the notes too!

As you've told us you are off work this week and doing this in personal time (rather than work time) we'll let you off this once, but don't ever believe people don't read your notes! GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590

(just don't let it happen again) GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1067764964
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 Empty Re: GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35

Post by Mary_S Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 am

Here we go:-

Cat A: Francesco Molinari; Alexander Noren (Res. Branden Grace)

Cat B: Henrik Stenson; Danny Willett (Res. Julien Quesne)

Cat C: Andrew Marshall; Lloyd Saltman (Res. Shiv Kapur)

Cheers GG! GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:09 am

Hi Mary - I see that Steve is playing in the Jamega tomorrow at my home course. I notice he is drawn with Paul Curry and our friend Dale is in the group in front!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 am

Davie, I was trying to get it done this morning before golf but I ran out of time. I also thought, expected that, I would get a hard time off the missus for going straight back on here so I just put something jokey in there to fill the space. Normally I would try to add something about the tournament but it will get better for next time.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 am

Blue - I hadn't twigged that it was at your home course this week. It's not been a very good year for Steve, I have been looking for Dale's results since you mentioned him on here - he's done well. Fingers crossed they may make it into the Fantasy League list in the next year or two! Smile
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:38 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Davie, I was trying to get it done this morning before golf but I ran out of time. I also thought, expected that, I would get a hard time off the missus for going straight back on here so I just put something jokey in there to fill the space. Normally I would try to add something about the tournament but it will get better for next time.

Grumps - I'm just fooling with ya - your work IS appreciated. Enjoy your week off - and pay SOME attention to 'er indoors!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am

That would be good to see their names on the Fantasy League list Mary!

Dale's performance at the Open in July has opened up an exciting opportunity for him on the other side of the pond. Because he made the cut he has got a bye straight into the second stage of the US Q School. He begins his PGA Tour Qualifying School attempt at the Southern Hills Plantation Club in Florida on November 11th. There are 80 players and 20 go through to the final stage which is held in California. A top 25 finish there guarantees a spot on the main PGA Tour next year but just making the cut for the final two rounds would mean a place on the Nationwide Tour, where the prize money is huge compared with the Challenge Tour here.

It is a big ask of course, but he is playing well and is very confident at the moment. He has credited some of his recent good form to linking up with a new caddy and has not missed a cut in his last 14 events. Good luck to him, whatever happens in America I am sure that it will only be beneficial for his career.

BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 am

C'mon Davie, that's not fair, it is my holiday. Do I have to spend time with HID?? GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1067764964

More golf this afternoon after some chores, if I can be bothered to start them GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:39 am

Ok here are this weeks chokers:

Cat A
Martin KAYMER
Francesco MOLINARI
res: Padraig Harrington

Cat B
George COETZEE
Danny WILLETT
res: Pablo Larrazabal

Cat C
Mikko ILONEN
Christian NILSSON
res: Damien McGrane

Cheers Grumps GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590

BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 am

A) F. Molinari; G. Fernandez-Castano; R. Cabrera-Bello (r)

B) G. Bourdy; D. Willett; R. Fisher (r)

C) G. Maybin; B. Dredge; M. Ilonen (r)
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 am

Cat A: A. Noren & T. Olesen (res A. Hansen)
Cat B: R. Jacquelin & G. Coetzee (res S. Lowry)
Cat C: O. Wilson & G. Maybin (res M. Lafeber)

Let's see which of my reserves wins this week GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324

Last edited by LadyPutt on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Flying fingers!)
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 am

CATEGORY A: Francesco MOLINARI, Branden GRACE (res: Martin KAYMER)
CATEGORY B: Bernd WIESBERGER, Robert ROCK (res: Pablo LARRAZABAL)
CATEGORY C: David HORSEY, Niclas FASTH (res: Simon KHAN)
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Cat A: Grace, Olesen and Noren (reserve)

Cat B: Rock, Willett and Lewis (reserve)

Cat C: Maybin, Kingston and Lundberg (reserve)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Looking at the leaderboard, it seems as though Lloyd Saltman isn't playing (although this could be my poor eyesight, unable to spot him on the list). If he's not in the field, please could I replace him with Jean Baptise-Gonnet, who tees off at 13.30.

Would be grateful if somebody could please check the leaderboard for me. Hug
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 pm

oops, forgot about this. Better get some picks in quickly. I think these guys are all teeing off this afternoon.

Cat A:
Harrington
Olesen
(Donaldson)

Cat B:
MA Jimenez
Willett
(Weisberger)

Cat C:
Ilonen
Dredge
(Fasth)

Can someone please confirm. Cheers!
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep both confirmed GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Also don't see Branden Grace in the field (though my reserve will cover for that)
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Cheers Davie. GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590 My Cat C reserve, Shiv Kapur seemed to have bailed out as well - maybe they've heard about "the curse of Typhoid Mary"! Wink
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Tied 4th on the Jamega for Steve this week then Mary - same as Dale!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Where's faldono1fan this week then? - such a pity he didn't forget to pick last week instead! GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Tied 4th on the Jamega for Steve this week then Mary - same as Dale!

Yes, Steve was not too thrilled with the double-bogey on the last! Rolling Eyes Apparently he managed to hit his drive behind one of the few large trees on the course, and instead of chipping out, he decided to go for it as he thought he would need -8 to tie for the lead. He enjoyed the tournament though, I think they are a good crowd on the Jamega. I think he's back to in a SA in a few weeks for the remainder of the Sunshine Tour.

I wonder if Tom Lewis will re-find his form in Portugal - looks ok so far at -2 through 9.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Ouch! Bit of an expensive double-bogey then. A bit of time in SA playing in the sunshine sounds like ample compensation though!

Hopefully some good memories from Portugal last year will inspire Tom to some better form this week - certainly a reasonable start.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by faldono1fan Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am

I'm just back after celebrating my win last week Smile Unfortunately the reality is work got in the way this week. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off next week... Wink
faldono1fan
faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 am

Portugal Open

Leaderboard - Round 1

Pos. Name ______________ Cuts _______ Rd1 ___ Rd2 ___ Rd3 ___ Rd4 ___ Finish ___ Total

1. BlueCoverman ________ X (X/X) ____ 10 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 10

1. Mary_S ______________ X (X/X) ____ 10 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 10

3. LadyPutt ____________ X (X/X) ____ 00 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 00

3. raycastleunited _____ X (X/X) ____ 00 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 00

3. Davie _______________ X (X/X) ____ 00 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 00

3. 1GrumpyGolfer _______ X (X/X) ____ 00 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 00

3. Redrage _____________ X (X/X) ____ 00 _____ X _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 00

What a poor day of scoring for the GCUK Fantasy Leaguers. Only two participants picked up points and they have surged into the early lead at the Portugal Open. The good news for the rest is that the lead is only 10 points and they're sitting in third place.

BlueCoverman, Fantasy League choker, is sitting in first place, again, after his pick of Christian Nilsson sneaked into the Round 1 Top 5 low scores. Mary_S is also at the heady heights at the top of the leaderboard but her points came via one of the worst round scorers. Those points may be useful now but her pick of Andrew Marshall is in danger of not making it into the weekend.

No one picked either of the two leaders; Ross Fisher and Stephen Gallacher who both shot -6, 65s and no one picked Richard S Johnson who also shared in the worse round of the day.

Ross Fisher -6

1. None

Stephen Gallacher -6

1. None

Andrew Marshall +8

1. Mary_S

Richard S Johnson +8

1. None

1st Round Top 5 (10 Points):
-4 and lower

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:51 am

Portugal Open

Leaderboard - Round 2

Pos. Name ______________ Cuts _______ Rd1 ___ Rd2 ___ Rd3 ___ Rd4 ___ Finish ___ Total

1. raycastleunited _____ 50 (6/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 50

2. BlueCoverman ________ 25 (5/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 35

3. Mary_S ______________ 20 (4/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 30

4. Redrage _____________ 25 (5/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 25

5. Davie _______________ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 10 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 20

6. LadyPutt ____________ 15 (3/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 15

7. 1GrumpyGolfer _______ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _____ X _______ X ______ 10

Well this game is just stupid. Who's clever idea was this to carry on the Fantasy League. Oh, okay, I'll continue to keep posting and collating results.

Normal service is resumed; 1GrumpyGolfer has fallen to the bottom of the leaderboard and can't even blame the league administrator. This crappy event happened after the shakeup from the second day of play at the Portugese Open.

But let's talk about the good stuff. Raycastleunited has sprung to the top of the leaderboard proving that the you don't need to be the early bird to get the good picks. All six of his limited selection picks made it through to the weekend earning him the 20 bonus points that come with that feat. In second place, and it pains me to say this at this time, is BlueCoverman. He had five picks make it through, his Ryder Cup hero of, Martin Kaymer prevented him from matching raycastleunited.

Mary_S has slipped to third after she only managed to get four picks through to the weekend's action. RedRage was the other big mover of the day as he also had five picks through to the weekend. His stirring words obviously had no effect on Gareth Maybin who must have been away with the fairies at that time. LadyPutt had three picks through and Davie and 1GrumpyGolfer only managed to get two picks through.

Davie also picked up bonus points for Bernd Wiesberger who shared low round score honours with Johan Edfors. Both shot -6, 65s. No one picked Michael Jonzon for worst round of the day. He had a nightmare on the 11th with an 11 but did bounce back immediately with two birdies after that but it was too little to late as he eventually finished with a +1, 86.

Bernd Wiesberger -6

1. Davie

Johan Edfors -6

1. None

2nd Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Michael Jonzon +15

1. None

Cut line (5 Points):
Even and lower

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 am

Portugal Open

Leaderboard - Round 3

1. BlueCoverman ________ 25 (5/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ X _______ X ______ 55

2. raycastleunited _____ 50 (6/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _______ X ______ 50

3. Redrage _____________ 25 (5/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ X _______ X ______ 45

4. Mary_S ______________ 20 (4/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ X _______ X ______ 40

4. Davie _______________ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 20 _____ X _______ X ______ 40

6. LadyPutt ____________ 15 (3/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ X _______ X ______ 25

7. 1GrumpyGolfer _______ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ X _______ X ______ 10

Pretty much everyone moved on moving except 1GrumpyGolfer and yes, this game is still stupid!

Lucky BlueCoverman, not that I'm bitter and twisted at all, has moved back to the top of the leaderboard at the Portugese Open. He had two picks make it into the hallowed hall of fame which is the Round 3 Top 10 low scores. He has now opened up a 5 point lead over raycastleunited who failed to coax any of his six picks into the Top 10 low scores.

RedRage has overtaken Mary_S for third spot after he too had two picks in the Top 10 low scores where Mary_S could only advance one pick. Davie was the other big scorer of the day with two picks. Davie also narrowly missed out on sharing low round of the day honours as Bernd Wiesberger's birdie putt just slipped past the cup on the last. LadyPutt also had one pick in the Top 10 low scores and opened up a gap to 1GrumpyGolfer who is close to packing up his stuff and going home.

No one had Andrew Dodt who had the low round of the day with a -7, 64. No one had Jbe Kruger either who shot the worst score of the day, a +6, 77.

3rd Round Low Score (10 Points):
Andrew Dodt -7

1. None

3rd Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Jbe Kruger +6

1. None

3rd Round Top 10 (10 Points):
-4 and lower

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 am

I'm moving in the wrong direction after each round. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the update GG - no doubt Blue will find something to complain about, even though he's top of the tree at the moment! Innocent
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 am

I think we might find a doping allegation against Blue in the near future Mary Innocent

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Lovely, all set up nicely ready for choking day tomorrow... GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 am

Me complain Mary?...all I do is point out the inadequacies of the league administrator when appropriate Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 am

Cheeky bar steward.....

:mustgetholdofVenicetoaskhimaboutmiscalculationsmilie:

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 am

I really don't want to post this result. Admin error only 6 participants were eligible for final placing points.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 am

In that case I must thank my caddy, my management company, my wife and family and of course the good Lord above for this famous victory... GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3497602689
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

BlueCoverman wrote:In that case I must thank my caddy, my management company, my wife and family and of course the good Lord above for this famous victory... GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3497602689

Stewards inquiry needed LP Innocent

Outside assistance received by Lucky BlueCoverman.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

Portugal Open

Leaderboard - Final Round

Pos. Name ______________ Cuts _______ Rd1 ____ Rd2 ____ Rd3 ____ Rd4 ___ Finish ___ Total

1. BlueCoverman ________ 25 (5/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 100

2. Mary_S ______________ 20 (4/6) ____ 10 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 85

2. Redrage _____________ 25 (5/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 20 _____ 10 _______ 30 ______ 85

2. raycastleunited _____ 50 (6/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _______ 25 ______ 85

5. LadyPutt ____________ 15 (3/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 10 _______ 35 ______ 70

6. Davie _______________ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 10 _____ 20 _____ 00 _______ 25 ______ 65

7. 1GrumpyGolfer _______ 10 (2/6) ____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 00 _____ 10 _______ 20 ______ 40

What a finish to the GCUK Fantasy League Portugal Open. Stirring words of encouragement were passed onto the pros as they battled valiantly for each GCUK Fantasy Leaguer.

Mary_S, RedRage and raycastleunited kept the pressure up on Lucky BlueCoverman but it wasn't to be their day. They all finished 15 points short in a three way tie for second. Davie was looking strong with Bernd Wiesberger looking for a win but two late bogies put paid to that hope. LadyPutt took advantage of that stumble to sneak into 5th place. 1GrumpyGolfer coaxed both of his charges to strong rounds even picking up low round bonus points but he stayed cemented in place at the bottom of the leaderboard.

But the day belonged to Lucky BlueCoverman. Like many others he had Danny Willett in his picks who blitzed the course with one of the low round 63s and secured a top 10 finish. George Coetzee also had a good round to join Willett in the Top 10. Another top 20 finisher was the popular pick of Francesco Molinari and these were enough to secure victory.

Almost everyone, sorry Davie, had one of the low rounds of the day. Danny Willett was one and LadyPutt bucked the trend by picking Raphael Jacqueline instead.

No one picked Marcel Siem for the worst round of the day, he stumbled to a final round +9, 80. But he didn't suffer the ignominy of finishing last. That dubious honour fell to Jamie Elson but no one picked him either.

Danny Willett -8

1. 1GrumpyGolfer
2. BlueCoverman
3. Mary_S
4. RedRage
5. raycastleunited

Raphael Jacqueline -8

1. LadyPutt

Final Round Worse Score (10 Points):
Marcel Siem +9

1. None

Last Place (10 Points):
Jamie Elson

1.None

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Another top performance by one of my reserves! I also thought about picking Wiesberger ..... GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 398825057
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 am

Lucky?...I will have you know that my success is down to many hours of excessive and meticulous research, preparation and detailed planning Wink

Unlike those who prefer to pick my numbers, and therefore finish where they deserve at the bottom of the list Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 am

Thanks for the final update GG. GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 1927768590

Well done Blue - I guess that result proves that every dog has it's day! Wink
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:45 am

Form is temporary, class is permanent Blue....

After all that planning and what not you get your first win in event 35. 35!?!?! It was only a mickey mouse tournament anyway - the majors are where it's at.

Two time major event champ, Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 am

Thanks Mary, you are too kind!

The joy of seeing a leaderboard with me at the top and Grumps at the bottom, it's as good as a birdie on the index 1! GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:50 am

Yes alright Mr two time major event champ, there was no need to tell everyone it's my first win! Why do you think I'm milking it? GolfChatUk Fantasy League 2012 - Autumn Session - Event #35 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 am

You're thanking Mary and she basically called you a dog???

Don't worry Blue it will be referenced in the next event coming soon. Well done on finally holding on for the win :tup;

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 am

You misunderstand Grumps. Mary is dyslexic she mean't to call me... Smile
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 am

Saw a brand new Range Rover in the car park at StockBrook Manor golf club the other day. The number plate was 6OD with the 6 slightly modified.

You have got to have some serious front to have a number plate like that. Either that or be a complete pratt!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 am

So she's like me; a fully paid up member of DNA, the National Dyslexics Association.

Probably StockBrook's owner, he was a bit up himself

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down