Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list

4 posters

Go down

2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list Empty 2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 am

After some careful or not so careful thought the rules have been tweaked and finalised. This will be available on the darkside too.

1) The format is to be an eclectic strokeplay over a maximum of 8 rounds to be played between May 14, 2012 and September 30, 2012 inclusive

2) For the first card, I will need either a scan, photo or detailed spreadsheet score card giving your score, Par for each hole, the SI, SSS and your handicap, via email. PM me or send email and I will reply confirming email if necessary.

If you have participated in the Winter Eclectic you do not need to provide this information again as long as no changes have been made to your home course (see rule 4).

3) All scores for all holes to be provided to me; DNF’s on any card will count as 9.

4) All rounds to be played from the same set of tee boxes, I'm guessing this will be easier for the ladies to comply with

5) ¾ handicap rounded up from 0.5. There could be handicap adjustments, especially if you appear to be a complete bandit or appear to be sandbagging.

6) Par and SSS ratings for courses will undergo an entirely scientific process to equalize any differences. I will not make this up as I go along, I promise.

7) Your rounds can be bounce or competition, it is totally up to you. Just have to nominate it prior to playing. Email, PM or post to the Eclectic thread.

8. I will post any results onto the board, hopefully weekly, bi-weekly or whenever I feel like it, so all can see what they have to do to make up places. As the deadline approaches leaderboard updates will stop so magic pencils cannot be used

9) Gimmies – I know some of you never play gimmies whereas others do and the groups they play in expect it. Play the round as you would normally, but I would suggest that if you are putting to better your previous score on that hole, then the ball needs to drop

10) Start date is………….. Monday, May 14.

11) Hopefully these are all the rules we need for you to enjoy yourselves. Remember, this is supposed to be just a bit of fun, and hopefully it will get exciting at some stage. However I am the judge, jury, execution administrator for LJ, winner of summer eclectic, cook, cleaner, slow poster and other choice words and phrases so what I determine goes.

Entry list in no particular order, so don’t read any favouritism into this:

Grumps
Davie
LadyPutt
Doc
JAS
Old Shanker
LondonJonnyo
NavyBlueShorts
Fader
GolferMartin
Nay Bother
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Hogie
Raycastleunited
Sand
Lairy
Maclaren

The entry list will not close; you can enter as late as you want.

Good luck to all those that enter.

Grumps.

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added entrants)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list Empty Re: 2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 am

I object to you being the executioner.

That's my job. I've been applying for years.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list Empty Re: 2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list

Post by Davie Wed May 09, 2012 1:53 am

Nice work Doc. I think you should have details of my course from the Winter eclectic already so unless I hear different I'll assume you can use that. The winter rounds were played off the white tees anyway and all the summer rounds will be also.

Just one question for you about your rules - no objections from me as you've done a fine job but I'm curious to know why you need full scores rather than just improvements, particularly when you mention the part about gimmes. If I'm playing a social round as one of my counting games, where gimmes would be given, I'd certainly respect the rule about having to hole out if it was for an eclectic improvement, but would your rule mean all other gimmes would have to be recorded as a DNF or a 9?

Just asking - it's your game and you've done a great job so far
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 am

Davie wrote:Nice work Doc.

WTF has Doc got to do with it Davie? Just kidding Wink

Full scores needed for possible handicap adjustments and potentially used to separate ties.

If gimmies are used I am unlikely to know so not sure how I could implement DNFs. DNFs will only come into it if you carve a couple into the woods, OB or pond and you think sod it I'm not playing this hole and pick up. All other scores will count for your round as it's a way of allowing an NR to count.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:I object to you being the executioner.

That's my job. I've been applying for years.

Okay, I'll call you in for executioner duties. I will change my job to executioner administrator 2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list 3461234324

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 am

OK fairy nuff - that makes sense. I guess if someone gives me a gimme for a 5 when I've already previously recorded a 4 it wouldn't make much difference to your calculations if it was a 5 or a 6. Hopefully people will treat it fairly - for example if I'm out of a hole and pick up 30 feet from the hole in 5 I'd give myself a 6 (or a DNF if you decide to go that way) whereas if I picked up out of the hole from 18 inches away I'd probably give myself a 5 Wink

And no, I have no idea where I got Doc from - sorry! I put it down to golf withdrawal symptoms
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Right then Grumps. Good man for staging this event again.

I am in. No changes to the course since winter, and will be playing all rounds off the white tees as I did in winter anyway.

First round for me in the medal this Saturday.

Good luck everyone, may the best bandit win, and thank you grumpy 2012 Summer Eclectic - Rules, Regs and Entry list 1927768590
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down