Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open

5 posters

Go down

European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open Empty European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open

Post by Davie Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Starts tomorrow and while there are the likes of Kaymer, Manassero, Oosthuizen, Schwarzl and Quiros there, the field starts to look a little thin after them

Colsaerts and Siem possible good value bets as the abovementioned take all the lower odds but can't see too m uch other value in the betting markets

10/1 on Howeller finishing top 10?

Be interesting to see if King Louis can keep up his Masters form though
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open Empty Re: European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open

Post by Maverick Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Does this annoy anyone else or is it just me?

Sky Sports 1 are currently showing what they are calling live coverage of the Maybank. Yet its not bloody live at all as Charl has already finished at -8. JM singh, Louis and many others being shown as feature groups in this live feed have been finished for well over an hour!

If I'm watching something live I want it to be live and not something I already know has happened! Sky stop saying Live when its poxy recorded

Rant over
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open Empty Re: European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open

Post by Davie Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Mav you just beat be to it - I was just about to post the same thing!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I know its probably something not worth getting worked up over but, its like knowing the result of a grand prix or tennis match and then watching back so called live. Totally pointless and hard to get into when you already know the result!

If they'd said higlights I wouldn't have looked on twitter or the ET leaderboard as not to ruin it for myself. I'd rather watch the lesser named players live than watch a playback and be mugged off by Sky, do they think were dumb or something!

The one good thing is watching Charl and Louis swing the club, such good actions and tempo! Its like SA pro's are all the model of how a club should be swung with Ernie, Goose, Charl and Louis all have fantastic swings
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm

It's like that Likely Lads episode where they try and get through the whole day without knowing the football score.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Disappointing from one of my choices (Colsaerts) who was going along nicely at 3 under for a while but looks to be finishing around level par Sad

Only Gonzales of Argentina threatening of the afternoon starters
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm

super_realist wrote:It's like that Likely Lads episode where they try and get through the whole day without knowing the football score.

Thelma's last line as the boys sat down in front of the TV was something like "Well I won't tell you the score, but you won't see any goals!" Brilliant! European Tour: Maybank Malaysia Open 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Who is this Kaymer fellow I see creeping his way up the leader in a quiet unassuming gestapo kind of way! I hear he once one a major championship got a little greedy and thought he had to change his swing. Only thing he's done since with some glimpse of form is win last years HSBC so I'm told.

Have to say I Kaymer the Kaiser but wouldn't be to perturbed should one of the Saffers shoot down this Luftwaffe, preferably the chap from the Jungle Book King Louis is his name! As long as its not that JBE "Freddie" Kruger chap, has rather an annoying voice and looks a bit of a scamp with his upturned collar!

I'm getting a little more into the Maybank now found it a little bit of a snoozefest yesterday. Hoping for a Kaymer or Oosthuizen win I like both of them with their solid games and want Kaymer back where he belongs above all the yankees and Rory in the rankings.

Anyone else think Matteo is going of the boil a little, seems to have been making some swing changes in recent months that I don't get as he had the game there if he wants more distance then the gym is the place he should be, looks like he's been on the Gtwat Pie diet to me! Also what's with all the curtailed follow throughs there doesn't seem to be a breath of wind so punch shots seem a strange choice especially the punched 3 wood down hill into the pond he hit!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:00 am

That was entertaining Mav. Glad to see Oosty continuing his latest form as there is nothing worse in pro golf than to see the path taken by someone like Kaymer once he reached the top. Even Rhys is playing well and currently tied with who else but... Kaymer.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 am

Congrats Oosty! And for not playing... Coco jumps back to No. 1. Now let's go remind our bosses the success that a week of not working will bring.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum