Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Treats

3 posters

Go down

Birthday Treats Empty Birthday Treats

Post by JAS Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:27 am

With my birthday looming less than three weeks away I have my weekend all sorted (Having a Cornwall weekend taking in West Cornwall, Perranporth & St Enodoc).
Next year it's a big landmark one (think of a remade TV series set in Hawaii!!) and as befits such a milestone I'm pushing the boat out to take In Gullane 1, North Berwick & Muirfield. Muirfield and a hotel are actually already booked.

I always like to play somewhere special for my birthday, ever since I've taken up the game (e.g.Turnberry twice, Sunningdale twice, San Roque, St Enodoc). I suppose I'm quite fortunate in that with my birthday falling late March I can go for good courses and get them toward the end of their winter green fee.

Just wondered if anyone else manages to use their birthday as an excuse to make a special effort to indulge in their favourite sport? If yes what has been your most memorable experience?
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Birthday Treats Empty Re: Birthday Treats

Post by drive4show Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 am

Nah no need, I just latch on to other people's birthdays Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 am

JAS - are you availing yourself of Greywalls? My Dad and I did that 40+ years ago our room had French windows that walked straight out on to the course. Lovely Smile That will be a bit special, I hope you have just enough wind to make it interesting.

In response to your question, I will be joining 3 of my regular playing partners on April 4th at Brancaster (Royal West Norfolk) for a foursomes. Would prefer a fourball, but no chance there.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:39 am

shanks

Brancaster is pretty special and not to be missed, I'd be tempted to play as a couple of twoballs so as not to miss out Birthday Treats 1927768590

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 am

We have considered that D4S - but it will break up the group, so we'll probably stick together.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 am

D4S....lol....like who's?
OS, nice, must admit I have a big gap on my top 100 CV for the finest courses Eastern England has to offer, must sort that at some point.
By the way, no Greywalls Sad My events manager has booked us into the Open Arms in Dirleton. But I did insist that for the Muirfield day we will be partaking in lunch at the club.
D4S, Saunton was brutal today, wind from the Northwest though so a bit different than I've been used to there. We shot 59 Sad 72 (first group out) was winning. The scores were getting progressively lower as the day progressed and the wind increased.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:37 am

JAS, no golf up here today,it was foul this morning with a lot of rain causing parts of the course to flood. How was the condition of Saunton? Only 5 weeks away now till we are down there. Saw RP today, still not booked his accom! Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 am

Saunton was fine, they had their rain overnight but it wasn't that severe so course was in fine fettle. We got a a very brief shower down the 6th. Wind was a good 3 clubs by back 9. 12 & 16 weren't reachable in 2. On 13 a 5 iron didn't reach!!

The 5th is currently out of commission as they're redoing the green so 2nd split into a 4 & a 3. Due to properly reopen next week though.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 am

Yikes, don't think I've ever hit more than an 8 into the 13th before Shocked

So they were giving you 7 shots to hole out on the 2nd green, I think I need all of them! Laughing

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down