Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many Poulter's Are There

+3
ChrisGG
drive4show
Doc
7 posters

Go down

How Many Poulter's Are There Empty How Many Poulter's Are There

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 am

Ok guys fess up, who's got something in the golf wardrobe that's a bit noisy. I ordered some tailored trousers which turned up wrong, but decided to keep them as I couldn't be bothered sending them back. Light grey with a red stripe down the seam and red pocket stitching. Mrs Doc thinks they're great but wants me to wear red shoes and a red shirt with them.

Come on own up and we know someone who's worn noisier pants than that, don't we LJ Smile
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

How Many Poulter's Are There Empty Re: How Many Poulter's Are There

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 am

I have been known to be very 'stylish' Innocent on the course. I have white trousers, green tartan ones, a varied selection of ahem.... colourful shirts and also my coup de grace..... a white belt No

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 am

A mate of mine wore red trousers, white shoes, white t-shirt and a white flat cap for the final day of our Club Championship last year. The abuse he got from the balcony while on the 18th was incredible. He was the second to last group out so most of the members had had a few pints as well. The leaderball (who were on the 17th green at the time) weren't too pleased with the noise.

The worst I've got are a pair of baby blue chino's and camouflage army style cap.

Last edited by ChrisGG on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 am

Chris

Most of my loud outfits are a result of club champs, we have a couple of snappy dressers and they always throw down the gauntlet for a 'loud outfit' competition Smile

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 am

Charity events don't count, because in aid of my daughter we have a pink day, and the whole membership turns out in force wearing pink tutu's pink tights the lot, and one eejut this year was dressed in a big pink babies romper suit complete with dummy affraid

I do have a couple of dodgy sweaters though
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

I have nothing which i am ashamed of wearing. Not even the see-through strides.

I have recently been considering a kilt to wear on the course during summer months as well. Worn with the traditional undergarment of course.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 am

There's nothing I own that I'm ashamed of wearing.

I have pink strides, purple ones, red ones, the list goes one! The only thing I won't wear on the course is +4's!

One thing though I have to coordinate. So white shoes would mean white belt and hat! Or another example,

White shoes, pink strides! White belt and shirt with pink hat!

Its just how I roll
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm

I have always fancied my self as a bit of a extrovert, but not into all this Poulter nonsense.

However, I do have a penchant for 'nice golf shoes' I have several pairs, a few of the My Joy ones, including a gorgeous pair of Icons, and also a snazzy pair of brown brogues!

My take on the Poulter wannabes is summed up by a friend of mine who caddied for me in OQ one year - he said, ' look at him over there White trousers, white shirt, white shoes, white hat and white bag, with dicksplash written all over it!
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

How about some Lambda shoes JD? They are very nice... but not one for the winter months I fear.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Quite nice, although they don't 'look' alot different to FJ's
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:28 pm

More like the classics of old however. Full leather shoes rather than the moulded soles they have these days.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 pm

I also have some MyJoys which I designed on-line which are brilliant, but almost fell for the trick of having my name on the back. Thank god I talked my way out of that one. I also have a pair of DC Stuburts with the leather sole. They weigh a ton and you know you've had them on if carrying for a few hours. Not getting enough wear out of them because they're white with lime green stripes - a little bit noisy me thinks
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am

Don't think I've got any real crazy, look at me, gear. Got a couple of noisy Puma tops but I think that's about it.

The missus is trying to get me to buy some white strides but I think I need to lose a little bit of timber to go out wearing them.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum