Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please

3 posters

Go down

Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please Empty Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I know we've had a pervious thread on this but thought I'd re-open something up as the playing season slowly approaches.

For me playing Open comps at away courses is the best best part of the year. So anyone played any good ones they'd suggest to fellow posters on here.

I know many play the Bournemouth open, sadly the dates clash for me so I cannot but I am playing in a few things or plan to this year.

So any ideas of good things to play in?

Who's competing in the Trilby Tour? (I was too late with my entrant so am on reserve list)

Has anyone ever played this? http://www.leaguetodubai.co.uk/ I'm thinking about giving this one a crack.

Finally anyone played the Volvo Tour? Another I'm considering.

Finally this has been mentioned before but check this out for open events near you www.golfempire.co.uk

Cheers Mav Nurse
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please Empty Re: Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please

Post by drive4show Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 am

Mav

Have a look at the singlefiguregolfer.co.uk website, not much on there at the moment but at least you'll be able to see what is coming up later in the year. I keep an eye on there, if I see anything I fancy then I'll google the club website to see what the course is like. I see your place has a scratch open this year, if the dates work out for me then I'll enter it.
If you don't mind a bit of a drive, the Saunton events are always great, JAS and I will both be there for them. St Enodoc in Sept is my fave event of the year and I'll be down at that one as well.

Hopefully I'll see you at one or two events around the south this summer Smile

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please Empty Re: Amateur Open Events - Assistance or ideas please

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 am

drive4show wrote:Mav

Have a look at the singlefiguregolfer.co.uk website, not much on there at the moment but at least you'll be able to see what is coming up later in the year. I keep an eye on there, if I see anything I fancy then I'll google the club website to see what the course is like. I see your place has a scratch open this year, if the dates work out for me then I'll enter it. If you don't mind a bit of a drive, the Saunton events are always great, JAS and I will both be there for them. St Enodoc in Sept is my fave event of the year and I'll be down at that one as well.

Hopefully I'll see you at one or two events around the south this summer Smile

Cheers D4S just checked that out looks good, am looking at entering the Princes event, love that course.

Our place is indeed running a scratch comp, but allow me to say if your coming down my way avoid the one at my place and play the one here for the same price http://www.littlestonegolfclub.org.uk/ its my old course and far superior and its also an open qualifying venue so the course will be setup the same way the pro's play it and trust me its a delight to play and 36 holes here for 45quid is exceptional value and it's where i'll be teeing it up instead of my home course.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 am

Also this one http://www.golfempire.co.uk/Entry-Forms/Royal-Cinque-Ports-RSG-South-East-England-Links-Championship.htm

The South East links championship is one I have entered 3times before, came top 10 twice and missed the cut the first time I played it. Plan to try and work my works diary around this one in particular, so if you have the right handicap its well worth a shot
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 am

Get yourself to Woodbridge. It's the Eastern Counties Cup. Course is top notch and the event is pretty well supported.

It's a little north of Ipswich but is well worth the trip in my opinion.

http://www.woodbridgegolfclub.co.uk/open_events
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am

looks good LJ may have to check how the workload is around then
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 am

also worth looking at the Felixstowe open towards the end of the season. Even though I had a hack the only time I played Woodbridge a few seasons back the way I tend to approach the game and a bad round resulted in an invite to play their event later that year from someone who was a member.

I didn't take him up on it as I had a clash but that's also an interesting course to play.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down