Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ross Fisher joins the Nike stable

+2
venice1
Mercurio
6 posters

Go down

Ross Fisher joins the Nike stable Empty Ross Fisher joins the Nike stable

Post by Mercurio Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 am

Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Ross Fisher joins the Nike stable Empty Re: Ross Fisher joins the Nike stable

Post by venice1 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks Merc.

From the piece:
“My first priority this year is to get back into the world’s top 50, and with the backing and support of my coaches and the team at Nike Golf, I am sure that it’s a realistic goal,” said the 31-year-old from West London."

Realistic perhaps but below the standard most of us probably expected of him when he started playing full time on the ET in 2006. While 4 career wins and 20 top 10's is nothing to sneeze at he needs a booster shot at this point. Hopefully Nike is the one he's looking for and it is smart business by them to sign as many international golfers as possible even if to give a nod to the future pros. Overall, I'd say it's a good deal for both in more ways than one.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 am

Titleist lose a 2nd player from their stable in less than a month! Says a lot for titleist as a company since their move to Fila!

I see Ross is playing nike literally through the bag, woods, irons, wedges and putter as well as the 20XI ball.

Ross has been on a slide last 18 months but let's hope he finds form because when he's on he can certainly do the business
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 am

I think this will probably do him a world of good. As for Titleist, they've lost big players every year for as long as I can remember. It seems to me that their business model is to pay little if any sponsorship money but provide equipment to lots of young and promising (and some not so promising!) pros. When some of those pros hit the big time, Titleist gets a lot of exposure for a relatively short but presumably lucrative period before a rival firm offers big bucks to transfer.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I find the term "stable" in a sponsorship sense quite annoying.

A bit like a managerial "hotseat". A team "setting out their stall" and managers "being unveiled".

Has any manager ever been unveiled, like the latest Aston Martin from under a silver dust sheet?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:09 pm

There was a rumour last month that Rory was moving from Titleist to Nike? any update?

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down