Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . .

+8
ScottieD18
Maverick
ChrisGG
Redrage
drive4show
Mary_S
gaelgowfer
Mercurio
12 posters

Go down

Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . . Empty Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . .

Post by Mercurio Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:20 am

sponsorship of the Scottish Boys Championship?

Top, top man.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . . Empty Re: Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . .

Post by gaelgowfer Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:55 am

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . . Empty Re: Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . .

Post by Mary_S Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:11 am

Well done to Paul - a man who quietly goes about his business. Nice to see him get some recognition.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:17 am

This is what he gets up to in his spare time. Mostly under the radar, I get the impression that he likes to stay out of the limelight and quietly put something back into the game.

Agreed, top bloke indeed!

http://www.paullawriefoundation.co.uk/

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 am

He regularly buys tables from a Rangers Supporters Group for a charity dinner that raises money for Erskine Hospital, he doesn't attend and donates the table back as a raffle prize. Good going considering he is a staunch Aberdeen fan and they typically hate Rangers! He is clearly a very charitable guy.
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 am

Lovely thing to do. Top guy!
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:16 am

I came across this news the other day, and his foundation work is superb and so understated. A true classy man and top player
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 am

He's also giving David Law (probably should have been in the 2011 Walker Cup Team) and James Byrne (2011 Walker Cup Team) a lot of help. David Law was saying recently in the local press that Paul has fixed up sponsership for him and he often goes round to his house to use his practice facilities.

Good to see he supports both young amateurs and young professionals.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 am

drive4show wrote:This is what he gets up to in his spare time. Mostly under the radar, I get the impression that he likes to stay out of the limelight and quietly put something back into the game.

Agreed, top bloke indeed!

http://www.paullawriefoundation.co.uk/

I think his limelight avoidance may start to get a bit difficult...takes a bit of class to shoot a 65 front running, he seems to be in golden run of form at the moment, fair play to him.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 am

I wonder if Adam Hunter's untimely death has had a profound effect on Paul Lawrie. He seems to have poured himself into all sorts of golf development projects since then and doesn't seem to be taking himself quite so seriously - relatively speaking!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 am

gaelgowfer wrote:I wonder if Adam Hunter's untimely death has had a profound effect on Paul Lawrie. He seems to have poured himself into all sorts of golf development projects since then and doesn't seem to be taking himself quite so seriously - relatively speaking!

It seems so, his golf has been fantastic this past few months and long may it continue. He has put himself in a very good position to push for a RC spot now, it is just a question of how long he can maintain this rich vain of form.
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 am

It's certainly something not far from the front of his mind Gael. In the post round interview, when the commentator mentioned it (why do they need to do that?) you could see him struggling to maintain his composure.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 am

Why shouldn't the interviewer mention it? It seems it played a big part in Lawrie's recent form and therefore is worth talking about.

If indeed it DID play a big part, as it seems to have done, surely Lawrie would have mentioned it himself as a mark of respect
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 am

What surprised me more Davie, was that Lawrie wasn't asked about the big part he played in your Fantasy League win this week? Has there been any mention of Paul Lawrie's . . . 3497602689
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 am

Davie wrote:Why shouldn't the interviewer mention it? It seems it played a big part in Lawrie's recent form and therefore is worth talking about.

If indeed it DID play a big part, as it seems to have done, surely Lawrie would have mentioned it himself as a mark of respect

I don't know Davie, maybe it's just me. It was a big happy day for him and yes clearly he does seem to be drawing something positive from the loss but you could instantly see his demeanour changing when the late coach was mentioned, I just don't see the point of putting a guy in an awkward position of trying to make an instant comment on a clearly difficult bereavement. There's a place for talking that stuff out yes but I just don't think that place is in front of a Skysports camera. Like I say though, that's just a personal opinion.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_job Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Well done to him - very impressive performance, the epitome of calmness.
Bob_the_job
Bob_the_job

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum