Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012

+9
BlueCoverman
Redrage
Mary_S
drive4show
venice1
Davie
LondonJonnyO
super_realist
Maverick
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012 - Page 2 Empty Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 am

First topic message reminder :

We've heard the rumours about Rory going to Nike, Tiger becoming Bridgestones new talisman, Rickie to Cobra (only one that makes sense that deal what with his Puma affiliation) etc, etc.

But news in of the first new Signing has just been announced. Its someone else moving away from Titleist and signing instead with Adams Golf (who IMO are making some of the best gear on the market). They have signed Robert Karlsson on a new deal to play equipment throughout the bag.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:19 am

scarpa wrote:
super_realist wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see red/green/orange drivers etc coming out of Taylor Made soon.
I was in AG over Christmas and the sales assistant was going on about how Cobra/Puma are bringing out a range of wacky coloured drivers in 2012... he seemed to be more interested in that than with any improvements in performance that might be made. Guess which colour driver Ricky's going to have...

Its not as drastic as AG have told you its going to be they are bringing out 3 drivers.

1. The updated ZL - Called ZL encore available in black or all white (just to cash in on the white headed gullible brigade)

2. The Long Tom - the ridiculous club with the 4 foot long shaft and comes in a Matt black finish.

3. The are replacing the S3 with - the AMP. It comes with a white head, with some orange on the sole plate and an Orange grip

So its not a range of colours its just 2 colours, but varied options of driver. With the exception of the Long Tom they are very good products.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro Sponsorship Deals for 2012

Post by scarpa Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:28 am

sounds like the guy was letting his imagination get the better of him. he was talking about orange red and lime green to me! he was virtually wetting himself over the thought of the long tom too.
scarpa
scarpa

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I saw in golf monthly that they are bringing out the long tom in standard black and also a raw unfinished metallic colour. couldn't care less to be honest
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Sounds a lot like the guy from AG was trying to sound like the "Big I am" know it all when in fact he could simply have gone on Cobras website and got the right info! Bloody inadequate shop assistants Rolling Eyes

The Long Tom is the single most ridiculous club on the market even ahead of any TM offering! What moron thinks a 48" shaft is a good idea is beyond me! There'll be people buying them saying I'm at least 20yards longer blah blah and the wondering why they can't hit it straight though!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2