Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westfield Stratford City

5 posters

Go down

Westfield Stratford City Empty Westfield Stratford City

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:57 am

Doing my bit for the missus... and the christmas shopping... I took the other half and the slug here on Saturday. It's not a bad place to visit. Compared to places such as Lakeside and Bluewater it's a lot more compact whilst managing to be huge in size. I would tend to say that's it been built in the wrong place, after all Stratford and the surrounding areas are not what I would tend to call high-class regions, but it does have huge amounts of security. The stores are a little more upmarket than I expected but that will probably change post-Olympics.

But to the point of this thread. They have a little area in there called the Great Eastern Market. It has a series of little shops and outlets which are asian/eastern in nature. Being a fan of Japanese food and drink I visited the Japan Centre and picked up an excellent bottle of Sake and a little Sake set to serve it in... I also have my mind on the beef they sell in there... Kobe is meant to be delicious! Must get some of that next time...
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Westfield Stratford City Empty Re: Westfield Stratford City

Post by Davie Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:34 am

LJ - Kobe beef IS excellent though it depends on the price

I was once on holiday in New York with my ex and the outlaws, visiting ex-brother-in-law over there

We went into a little NY deli to get some steaks for dinner that evening and bought 6 fillet steaks plus 1 piece of Kobe fillet for us all to have just a small slice of. The single piece of Kobe cost more than the other 6 pieces of "ordinary" fillet put together!

It was VERY good, but considering the price I'm not sure it was worth it
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 am

If you are into your steak the new Jamie Oliver place in the city, Barbecoa, is meant to be very good. They do their own butchery on site I believe. Id go myself but not much choice for the veggie wife.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 am

Similar to me Digs... Veggie other half. Except that I'll go there anyway and she can have a side salad or something.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Similar to me Digs... Veggie other half. Except that I'll go there anyway and she can have a side salad or something.

There you go Diggers, you need to man up and treat your women the 'LJ' way Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 am

drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Similar to me Digs... Veggie other half. Except that I'll go there anyway and she can have a side salad or something.

There you go Diggers, you need to man up and treat your women the 'LJ' way Shocked

If it helps I have a self-help book entitled "How to get her to divorce you" which explains all this.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 am

lol! Incidentally... In Jo'burg there is a great place for the meat lover;

http://www.thebutchershop.co.za

They rear, slaughter, butcher and mature their own meat. Most of it in the restaurant. The giant beef kebab is a shock when you order it. It's on a sword!

Also when I was there you also visited the cellar to select your wine, the cheese shop for your cheese, and the veggie option was chicken.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:37 pm

diggers wrote:If you are into your steak the new Jamie Oliver place in the city, Barbecoa, is meant to be very good. They do their own butchery on site I believe. Id go myself but not much choice for the veggie wife.

I'm off to Jamie's gaff on the 2nd of Jan will let you know what it's like. Like you have heard good reviews. Stratford City is a cracking location for us Kent boys jump on the old HS train and we're there in 30 mins. Also means I finally make use of my season ticket at the weekend. Cushty.
Del_Boy
Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum