Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now then, now then guys and gals

+7
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
oldshanker
Mary_S
LadyPutt
MustPuttBetter
BlueCoverman
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 Empty Now then, now then guys and gals

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well how will Jimmy Saville be remembered then? As an widely acclaimed philanthropist honoured for his charity efforts or a sexual predator of under age schoolgirls? And are ITV justified in airing this programme tomorrow night or is it unfair to speak ill of the dead?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 Empty Re: Now then, now then guys and gals

Post by Doc Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:56 am

I heard the director of public prosecutions yesterday, say he would look for a way to be able to inform other agencies of suspicions, in future. This statement shocked me, because in the 21st century you would think that systems would be in place to sort out stuff like this.

If a person is arrested on suspicion of fraud for example, but the evidence isn't strong. The CPS don't prosecute, but you would think they would enter this suspects name on a register somewhere, so that if in the future the same name crops again, a proper investigation can be carried out because the probability is that this person is at it.

If this had happened all those years ago, Savile would have been on the radar way before he became a huge public personality, and many many young children would have been safe. I'm amazed that nothing like this is in place. Think how many peado's, rapists, molesters, wife beaters, rogue builders etc would be off the streets Evil or Very Mad
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 Empty Re: Now then, now then guys and gals

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm

So who else is going to be arrested shortly for being involved and offending in conjunction with Jimmy Savile on some of the 300 complaints now being investigated by the police?

Even money his old paedo mate Gary Glitter will be the first to get a ring on the doorbell I guess. Freddie Starr perhaps? Who else might be sitting at home rather nervously this morning?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:34 am

anyone else see freddy saying the police are welcome to talk to him while he was standing outside his place holding a young girls hand?

freak.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Even money his old paedo mate Gary Glitter will be the first to get a ring on the doorbell I guess.
No great surprise there then
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 am

BC - you're getting good at this prediction malarky - I see that Freddie has had the dreaded knock at the door this evening!
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

If only I was that good with the lottery numbers...or the fantasy league come to that! Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 am

Good call Blue (though a little predictable). Who's next? DLT? Tony Blackburn?

I just heard that Danny Baker has had his BBC show axed. Different generation perhaps but ....
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 am

So - Entwistle resigns, but is this going to draw attention from the real story of the child abuse? scratch
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 am

Resign after 54 days in your job and get a £450,000 pay-off? What a complete joke
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 am

Don't forget the £877,000 pension pot!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 am

Bloody hell there might be a few premier league footballers apply for the vacant position...
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 am

Looks like it's not only the DG who will get the bullet - and you can bet anyone else who falls on the sword will get some sort of payoff too!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 am

It's amazing how, the higher up the ladder you are, the more you are rewarded for cock-ups!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 am

Davie wrote:Good call Blue (though a little predictable). Who's next? DLT?

Good call Davie (though a little predictable) Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am

I'm a bit suprised at that one actually, unless he's the person that Liz Kershaw was talking about?
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 am

Yes guess it was a little predictable.

I must've been hiding under a rock though as I hadn't heard Cyril Smith's name mentioned until yesterday!

Surely that's a result of a separate investigation though - can't imagine big Cyril ever mixing in the same circles as Saville, Gary Glitter etc
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 am

I think you are probably right Davie...I can't see big Cyril fitting into that alcove behind the curtain in Jimmy Savile's dressing room! Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 am

So it is the turn of 82 year old radio 5 live and former it's a knockout presenter Stuart Hall to be arrested on rape and indecent assault charges.

Can't be recent events surely...it must be like trying to putt with a rope at his age! Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 am

That's a bit of a shocker! "It's a Knockout" was such wholesome family entertainment, and I did enjoy his football reports too. Just shows, you never know what lies beneath the surface.

Thanks to BC for planting that image in my head!! Just hope I don't remember it next time I'm lining up my putter! affraid
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:04 am

Stuart Hall??? That's a name that never occurred to me in this whole sordid mess! scratch
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 am

I see that he has now been charged with 3 historical offences, so presumably there was either some cast iron evidence or he's held his hands up. Not connected to the JS investigations, but presumably this is what led to the victims coming forward after such a long time.

During one of my sleepless nights earlier this week, I heard a presenter on LBC mention that he was aware of who the next person to be arrested would be, and that he was so shocked that he wished he'd not been told the name. Presumably this is who he was referring to.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Mary_S wrote:Thanks to BC for planting that image in my head!! Just hope I don't remember it next time I'm lining up my putter! affraid

I bet you do Mary! Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am

Max Clifford had the knock this morning - under "Others" category, not linked to JS.

He was quoted on the abuse scandal in October http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/27/jimmy-savile-scandal-max-clifford

Worth re-reading in the light of today's events!
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 am

I wonder if he's arrested under suspicion himself or if they are going to try to tap him for info about his clients that were so worried!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am

Apparently an octogarian national treasure from down under was questioned earlier this week, but the press are not releasing his name at the moment. Hopefully it was just in case he had any useful information re. the goings on at the BBC.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Anyone think this is going ever so slightly over the top now?...I am expecting a tug from the old bill any minute because of that heavy petting session with my 13 year old girlfriend when we were both at school Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Must admit I was going to post something very similar, Blue (not that I knew your 13 yo g/f ) Razz

It does all seem a bit of an over-reaction now - of course if Max Clifford or Stuart Hall or any of the others were in the same league as it seems Jimmy Saville were, then they SHOULD be pursued and prosecuted to the full extent of the law - but it's starting to sound as if people are being arrested for almost anything that happened 30 years ago. The media must take a lot of blame for this
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 pm

I agree, it seems that there are two different groups. The actual kiddie fiddlers like JS and Glitter, who were vile predators, and people who were maybe not too careful about checking the ages of teenage girls who were willing participants in a physical relationship.

When I was in the 4th form at school, there were two classmates who were both quite tall and were early developers. The could easily pass for 20 when made-up for a night out, and regularly had boyfriends who were in their early 20's. They both had Saturday jobs, so used to tell the boyfriends that they were hairdressers. To be honest, none of us thought there was anything wrong in what they were doing, as they were both very mature for their age. These days, those guys would find themselves on the sex offenders register.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am

It can be tricky sometimes, a pal of mine started dating a girl when she was 15 and still at school. He was 18 at the time and we gave him all the usual stick about 'cradle-snatching' and other less repeatable remarks. They married when she was 18 and have just celebrated their silver wedding anniversary...
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:19 am

I see the latest is that Eddie Shah (Former media owner) is in the High court today defending a rape allegation with a 16-year old, back in the 90's. very strange and thought he'd vanished, but it turns out he owns golf courses all over the place, especially in Wiltshire.

Lots of media attention and frenzy with all this, but should the media take any responsibility for the death of the nurse, who was involved in the 'hoax' call about kate? Poor girl found dead today unexplained in her flat. She was unlucky enough to answer the call in the early hours from the ozzy radio station. No receptionists at that time, so answered and has been hounded ever since. Sort of feel sorry for her
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 am

It's a disgrace, Doc

I've never been a fan of prank calls or hidden camera stunts and this bears out my feelings why

Interesting to see on the dark side someone saying the blame lays with the hospital and not with the two Aussie prats who made the prank call. Misplaced accusation in my opinion
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:20 am

The Sydney radio station 2Day FM says it is "preparing a statement". That will be interesting...
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 am

Those idiotic DJ's will probably think the news is a prank!

It sounds as though the hospital were being supportive of her, to be honest, she didn't really give away any information which was probably not in the press anyway - but was made to look a fool. I would imagine that she may have had other things going on in her life, as suicide is often a result of one final thing which tips you over the edge.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Probably depressed her that they got through when she was planning to sell access to the mirror or something.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Apparently back home on the Indian sub continent, anyone who is made to look stupid, is one of the worst things that can happen to them. She answered the phone and put them straight through to the ward, but has had the call played all around the world on every radio and TV station repeatedly. She will know that she's been the butt of jokes and a made into a laughing stock. Her family were in Bristol as she lived in hospital accommodation, so completely alone whilst the world sniggers at her. Can't have been easy for her, so a pity.

On the other hand prank calls are a daily theme on many radio and TV shows, and have gone on for years and years. Its just unfortunate that this time the call has resulted in a death. I don't think any action can be taken against the ozzies and don't think any form of legislation can be made, unless its when it involves a member of the public, who innocently answers the phone. people who are in the media spotlight are open season, but someone trying to do their job, but answer a phone because nobody was on reception ....
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 am

I find it amazing that she actually thought it was the Queen on the phone and put her through without question or referring the matter to a senior staff member (there must be a protocol in place for their dealings with the Royals). I can do a better impersonation than that!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 am

So basically LP you see her a dozy idiot.

Darwin would class her as better off out of the gene pool.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 am

Jim Davidson has had the knock today. I think the Police were on a mission of mercy, to spare anybody having to watch him in Celebrity Big Brother this year!
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:25 am

Neil Ruddock is being lined up to replace Jim in CBB...best they order some more pies in! Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 1347041234
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 am

I hope the shorts are big enough for him Now then, now then guys and gals - Page 2 1347041234

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:19 am

Perhaps you could always send him some of yours if they aren't? Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 am

I never managed to get to his size you cheeky bar steward Evil or Very Mad

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am

Jeez did you see the size of Neil Ruddock?...he looks more like Cyril Smith these days
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Packed on a few more pounds has he Blue? Last time I saw the big unit was ages ago, probably on Soccer AM.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 pm

He described himself as 'a big grizzly bear' Grumps, trust me he wasn't joking Shocked
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:He described himself as 'a big grizzly bear' Grumps, trust me he wasn't joking affraid

There corrected it for you Blue. Some things are best left unseen by the sound of that.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 am

Not afraid of him Grumps, I would imagine he would be good company on a night out with the boys. Just shocked that a once professional footballer could get that much out of shape so quickly. He looks like he couldn't manage one lap around a football pitch now without collapsing in a heap
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm

So Stuart Hall is charged with 15 more offences dating back to 1967.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21154999

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Always thought him to be great, especially his 5-live comments and spin on the games he was watching, a unique guy. His fame and fortune though, came in the 70's with his infectious laughter on the crazy Uk and European versions of the slapstick games.

A bloke of his standing being charged with rape and offenses against children, means that for me he's history, and should be put away for the rest of his life.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

It's a Knockout was essential viewing, and Stuart Hall came across as somebody who would be your favourite Uncle - full of fun.

I guess it shows that we should never be fooled by somebody's public persona, no matter how genuine they may seem. Sad, but true, in the light of what's been uncovered.

As Doc says - he now has to take his punishment.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum