Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink driving...

3 posters

Go down

Drink driving... Empty Drink driving...

Post by diggers Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:36 am

I dont really get this, you get banned once for 20 months and then just a few years after your first ban you come back and get hammered (probably lots of times but just get caught the once again) and you only get a 40 month ban and a grand fine. Should ban a life ban a big fine and a lot of community service IMO. Drink drivers are scum.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-19269276

diggers

Back to top Go down

Drink driving... Empty Re: Drink driving...

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:57 am

Must admit that in my early twenties I was stupid enough to lose my licence for 12 months because of a drink drive conviction. I did not hurt anybody or have an accident, I was stopped by the police for doing 40mph in a 30mph speed limit and subsequently failed a breathalyser test.

Bloody hell did that teach me a lesson. I absolutely hated losing my independence to drive for a year and having to rely on girlfriend, friends and relatives for lifts all the time. And the car insurance was well over £1000 when I did get my licence back and it was 5 years before the premium loadings were removed completely.

I vowed never to put myself at risk of being in that position again and I never have had even one drink when I am driving since that time. To get caught once is stupid and irresponsible, to get caught twice is...well, draw your own conclusions
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 am

Fair enoug Blue, you made a mistake and took your punishment and learned a lesson. I wonder how many people would do it twice if they knew it was a definite life ban or say 10 year ban.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 am

If I have my car with me, then I do not drink, as it's to easy to say " I just have 2 pints and I should be ok" but sometimes 2 becomes 3 or 4. And sometimes 2 is to many, then you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, the breathalizer shows you are just slightly over the limit, suddenly the accident is you fault as you have been drinking.

Sorry but my licence is to important to me, to take any chances, so if I have my car, I stay alcohol free.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum