Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxy Knoxy Memoirs

5 posters

Go down

Foxy Knoxy Memoirs Empty Foxy Knoxy Memoirs

Post by diggers Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 pm

I see she is about to write (have written for her) a book about what happened which has stared a bidding war. Wondered what people thought about her potentially making millions out of such a macabre event.
Personally I say fair play to her, her family had to spend a fortune on legal fees so any money they can get back good on them. Not to mention the act that thegirl can never really lead a normal life again and lost a few years of her youth behind bars.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Foxy Knoxy Memoirs Empty Re: Foxy Knoxy Memoirs

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Personally I think she would have been better served if she had been advised to disappear out of the public limelight for some considerable time yet.

Yes she was found not guilty of the charges, can't say that I was particularly convinced that was the right verdict. Even if it was a correct decision, never really leading a normal life and spending a bit of time behind bars is a small price to pay compared with Meredith's sentence.

BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

If she didnt have anything to do with the crime, which really we have no choice but to accept, then she shouldnt have had to pay any price for what happened to Meredith Kercher.
The prosecution fees for the layers were paid for by the Italian legal system, not so hiring a good defense lawyer. Why should her family be left broke when she has been found innocent of any connection to the crime ? Hardly fair really.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am

I can't disagree with you there diggers...but let's just hope she was actually innocent, suspect that the Kercher family may still find that difficult to accept.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am

I see the italians are appealing her acquital - I wonder if the timing of these memoirs are to help her fund further legal battles
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:09 am

BlueCoverman wrote: never really leading a normal life and spending a bit of time behind bars is a small price to pay compared with Meredith's sentence.

Have to say I don't get this comment. Why should Knox have to suffer for someone's death? Unless of course she killed her, but she was cleared of all charges so I assume she didn't.

It seems to me that her best option is to tell her side of the story and make enough money out of it while it is still fresh to enable her to then disappear for a few years, and hopefully try and resume a normal existence later in her life.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 am

Her family had to sell the family silver and a fund was organised in her home state and wider accross the USA to help pick up the legal bills, and of course the extensive travel by her mum.

She was lucky to get away with it, and thats not me saying she was guilty, far from it. The Italian legal system is a joke if a guy who has already been convicted of murdering the girl, can then get his sentence reduced by dropping someone else in. We had the usual Italian prosecutor playing to the cameras whilst boosting his political ambitions, and the usual anti-US spouting from many.

The girl got out after a couple of years of hell, and has lived quietly and kept herself to herself, but the next tranche of bills are dropping on the doormat, so she'll have to play the media circuit and publishers marketing game to sell her book. Shes hardly going to be able to get employment as she'll be seen as a freak.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum