Interesting morning and it's only 6:35!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting morning and it's only 6:35!

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 pm

So on this rainy morning I oversleep eventually opening my eyes at 5:35. Cold shower, clean my teeth, throw some clothes on and down some juice before heading out the door. I think I can still make my regular bus as the drivers have been late all week. This morning the regular guy is back and the bus is on time. I head on past the park and ride as the bus is starting to move. I make my way to the other park and ride and catch the same bus. I bust the drivers chops telling him he owes me $3 as he was on time for a change.

We get underway and are on the motorway shortly after 6:10. A mile over the New Jersey state line we enter the infamous "S" bends and traffics slows very quickly. This normally means an accident and at the first turn, by the side of the road, is a beat up car and a state trooper providing protection. Traffic speeds up and as the road widens to three lanes the speed increases further and this is where it gets interesting.

Car number 1 hydroplanes, hits the wall and spins out across the road. This car smashes into another car sending him spinning across our path. Our driver is standing on the brakes and trying to avoid the second spinning car. Unfortunately there is not room to pass on the hard shoulder and our driver ends up pulling off the road and down the embankment. Luckily it's at the same place as an exit and the embankment isn't very steep. We hear a loud bang making us think we hit the second spinning car who is careering over the embankment too. That car ends up across the sliproad with the back almost off that shoulder and into the woods.

We slide to a stop at the bottom of the embankment and the shoulder on the left. Luckily no one is hurt in any vehicle involved. The state troopers arrive very quickly, assess the damage and we're able to continue on our way. Turns out our damage, broken bumper, was from bottoming out as we hit the embankment.

Some shaken up people on board but everybody's okay and the piss taking and joke making is back. Such as who was the one screaming like a little girl. I have some form for this, but that's another story, so suspicion points my way. Will be a quiet ride into New York this morning as everyone reflects on what might have been.

I've now been in a bus accident to go with a train accident a few years ago. Think I'll be avoiding boats for a while.

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting morning and it's only 6:35!

Post by Mary_S on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Crikey Grumps - what a way to start the day. affraid I certainly would have been guilty of screaming - might have even fainted on the spot.

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt, and I wish you an eneventful journey home this evening.
Mary_S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks Mary. I think my spidey sense was trying to get me to miss this bus but apparently I knew better.

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Jeez Grumps - that's what I call a rude awakening!

Glad you and everyone else are OK!
Davie
Admin

View user profile http://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:01 am

Wow - that was some journey into work! Glad everyone escaped unharmed.
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 am

Thanks everyone, been in the office a few minutes now. Apparently we did hit the spinning car causing minimal damage to the bus but plenty to the car.

I can see me not doing much work today....

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:58 am

May as well get your 'whiplash' claim in now mate, and buy them new clubs you were chasing Innocent
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 am

Truth be told Doc, I don't think I would change anything in the bag right now. But every minor ache is now an ah shit moment! I don't want to miss golf tomorrow either

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:01 am

Not the best start to the day Grumps!, pleased to read that you are ok
BlueCoverman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:03 am

Thanks Blue. Hope your mum is feeling better when you see her.

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top