Jubilee Weekend - what have you got planned?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jubilee Weekend - what have you got planned?

Post by Mary_S on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 am

I must confess that I've not really been caught up in Jubilee fever - still recovering from the Olympic torch passing through! I will give a brief nod of acknowledgement by watching the concert in The Mall, and maybe the boats on the Thames tomorrow.

Is anybody else making more effort than me? Embarassed Or are you just pleased to have a 4 day weekend for golfing activities? Wink

Apologies to those of you who reside elsewhere - you may wonder what I'm on about! Innocent

Mary_S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jubilee Weekend - what have you got planned?

Post by Davie on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:01 am

I'm just happy to have a few days off - actually turned into a SIX day weekend for me!

I had to travel up to Sheffield on Thursday to see my daughter performing her final year recital as part of a Music degree course (very proud Dad) so too took the Friday off too. I played golf yesterday and I'm due to play again in a fun Bank Holiday comp on Monday - then Tuesday to recover before returning to work!

I'm not anti-Royal but neither am I that bothered about it - I'm sure I@ll see some of it on the news but won't make much more effort than that
Davie
Admin

View user profile http://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 am

My little girls 3 on Tuesday so the whole street is having a party in her honour which is nice of them, apparently something to do with some old bird from Lobdon as well ....

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:33 am

Going to Aldeburgh, Suffolk tomorrow evening for a Proms by the Sea concert. A 20 piece orchestra on the seafront to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee and to raise some funds for worthy charities.

Lots of beer tents and burgers from the White Lion Hotel and no doubt plenty of patriotic flag waving on the beach. It concludes with a spectacular firework finale and if the weather is in any way reasonable, it should be a fantastic and memorable night.
BlueCoverman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

So far I've not really done anything apart from record yesterday's river pageant - after all, it is probably the last time anything like that ever happenes and it is a once in a lifetime event. There was supposed to be a street party in our street - we'd already arranged to go to see friends yesterday (to pick up some racing wheels and tyres for LordPutt's car!) and when we got home, it looked as though it had never happened ..... The woman who was organising it is pretty useless but what annoys me is that she somehow got a load of free food from Iceland and now I assume it's in her freezer and she'll be eating for free for weeks!

Blue - that sounds lovely - I hope the weather stays fine. No golf for me as yet - waiting for the sun to come out (and as I type this - it does sunny )
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top