Post by gaelgowfer on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Sorry, there are no subtitles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfuCmYdnbpU

gaelgowfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: you tube - man throws student off train

Post by LondonJonnyO on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

The guy who did the throwing is probably going to end up charged and convicted with assault I'm afraid to say.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Saw this yesterday, well played 'big man' i say, but LJ is probably right, he'll no doubt end up charged!

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

From what I've read on the incident they are talking to the guy already. I suspect that there will be a charge against him and watching that possibly the ticket guy as he was happy to let him manhandle the student.

That said I personally have no problem with it.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 pm

One would have thought there would have been protocols to cover such eventualities. Surely the ticket collector must have had a contact number who could then have arranged for police to meet the train at the next station where it could then have been dealth with?

I have nothing but contempt for ticket dodgers (if indeed that's what he was). The rest of us end up paying for them.

gaelgowfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

That's what the rail company is saying. That there were procedures in place to deal with it and there was no need... so no support for the guy on that front.

I suspect a fine and a criminal record is heading in this poor guys direction rapidly.

Although if anyone is to blame for it I would say the ticket guy. He should have asked him to leave... walked away and gotten the police to deal with it.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 pm

If you take all the protocol and PC-ness out of it, you've got a lad trying to dodge a train fare, a ticket collector trying to do the right thing and a fella who tries to help do the right thing, leading to the morally correct outcome

However you spin it, how that makes what the 'big man' and the ticket collector have done illegal, god only knows

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 pm

If the student had been physically threatening towards the guard Id say the other guy would have been in his rights to step in. But he wasnt, so I personally think he should have stayed out of it.
That said I hope he doesnt end up being charged because of it.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:56 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:If you take all the protocol and PC-ness out of it, you've got a lad trying to dodge a train fare, a ticket collector trying to do the right thing and a fella who tries to help do the right thing, leading to the morally correct outcome

However you spin it, how that makes what the 'big man' and the ticket collector have done illegal, god only knows

Hear Hear <handclap>

This will probably lead to a court appearance, police time etc etc and a member of the public ending up with a record. 50 years ago he would have got a pat on the back from the local bobby.

drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 am

Hold on, hold on...........drags soap box in and stands on it.

What is wrong with our society today; that lad was no doubt well aware of his rights and despite being asked to leave by the old boy refused, tossing the odd word of abuse in for good measure.

I did the odd stupid move in in my youth and if caught expected a punishment........when it happens these days it's always the other party that gets the worst end of the stick. The beginning of the fall of the Roman Empire was when they lost their sense of purpose and power and naively started to be influenced and catered too much for the whims of the minority. The first Namby Pambies.

Falls off soap box

Yadsendew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 am

Yadsendew wrote: ...was when they lost their sense of purpose and power and naively started to be influenced and catered too much for the whims of the minority. The first Namby Pambies.

Falls off soap box

May I borrow your comment and postmark it to Obama (President Mamby Pambies) in the White House? Can you also throw in the used soap box for posterity sake? He'll have to be reminded during his second term.
venice1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:10 am

No problem Venice1, be my guest.......... plus soap box
Is Obama that bad? from what I've seen of the opposition (but that's not much) the candidates seem to have been making a bit of a fist their debating opportunities.

"It’s three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education and… the um…what’s the third one, let’s see….”

I've got loads of soap boxes

Yadsendew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Yads,

A number of us over here feel that he needs to get much tougher with the opposition in terms of negotiating and dictating terms as he holds the cane but refuses to go down that path. Sometimes there comes a point when you have to take your opponents into the woodshed and beat them silly.

The Republicans and Tea Party folk in this country have absolutely no respect for him concerning any matter. They're intent on being obstructionists and that's it. There aren't enough towels in the country to clean up the spit they've spewed on him so far but his response is always tepid to say the least. Character is one thing, a weak spine is another. That said, he's practically a slam dunk to win re-election.
venice1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Just to show there are two sides to every story -
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fare-dodger-insists-did-ticket-122745692.html
If my kid was thrown off a train like that by a guy twice his size and he was a diabetic and his belongings were left on a train then I wouldnt be too happy.
Personally this is why I prefer people to stay out of things they do not have to get involved in.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Dead right Diggers.

If the kid had got aggressive and laid into the ticket collector then I'd be all for people wading in to help out - but in this case it wasn't necessary
Davie
Admin

View user profile http://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I kinda of agree that he didn't need to be quite so aggressive.
I have no problem however with someone trying to help do the right thing.

If the kid didn't want his belongings left on the train, perhaps he should have not risked getting thrown off by err, buying a ticket??

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:01 pm

100% with you there Davie. He would have been a hero if that was the case, in this scenario IMO its just being a borderline bully.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:02 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:I kinda of agree that he didn't need to be quite so aggressive.

If the kid didn't want his belongings left on the train, perhaps he should have not risked getting thrown off by err, buying a ticket??

But he is saying he bought a ticket, or was mis sold the wrong one. That is easier to do than you would imagine, the way fares are structured these days.
Maybe he didnt, but if he had then you would have to agree he was very badly treated.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm

diggers wrote:But he is saying he bought a ticket, or was mis sold the wrong one. That is easier to do than you would imagine, the way fares are structured these days.
Maybe he didnt, but if he had then you would have to agree he was very badly treated.

It's easy to say that Digs though isn't it? I notice no one has rpoduced these tickets. He just says he had them. Oddly at the time he didn't say to the ticket inspector, "hey look i've got two tickets in the same directions, there's been a mistake but you can see i've paid......". He thought a more appropriate response would be "f*ck off" and "i don't care about these people, i'll sit here all night".

If i was in a pub wanting to go home and a fella was blocking the door saying the same thing i'd forcefully move him and i suspect so would you, or at least would have no problems if someone else did.

We could debate whether he was badly treated or not all day - and i do agree the guy was a little too aggresseive - but one thing that's for sure is the kid brought it upon himself and has no one else to blame. He's certainly not the good guy here

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Maybe MPB but I dont like violence when it isnt needed. And I dont like people who throw their weight around just because they can.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 pm

diggers wrote:Maybe MPB but I dont like violence when it isnt needed. And I dont like people who throw their weight around just because they can.

Can't disagree with that

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:53 am

LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 am

diggers wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:I kinda of agree that he didn't need to be quite so aggressive.

But he is saying he bought a ticket, or was mis sold the wrong one. That is easier to do than you would imagine, the way fares are structured these days.

I think the circumstances changed when the student started swearing at the ticket collecter and this is why the 'offending' passenger took action. It should also be remembered that the passenger did ask the ticket collector first if he wanted him off the train and when the ticket collector answered in the affirmative, only then did he duly oblige. Call it a variation on a citizen's arrest!

gaelgowfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top