Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europe - Should We Get Out

+2
LondonJonnyO
Doc
6 posters

Go down

In or Out

Europe - Should We Get Out Vote_lcap25%Europe - Should We Get Out Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Europe - Should We Get Out Vote_lcap75%Europe - Should We Get Out Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Europe - Should We Get Out Empty Europe - Should We Get Out

Post by Doc Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:46 am

In these uncertain times businesses are struggling and many of the problems are caused by European legislation. This legislation trickles through year after year, but costs companies much dinero. A lot of the legislation revolves around climate change, waste packaging, carbon emissions, human rights, employment laws, health and safety, unions ...... I've worked out that over the last 6-years my own company has had to stump up an extra £400k per year to comply. Thats a lot of cash that should have been used investing in the business. Try and sack anyone and expect to have the cost of a 'compromise agreement' because its cheaper than going to a tribunal, and everyone puts a claim in these days, because they know they can, even if they have no chance of winning. So to save management time you end up paying them off, when they should have been dismissed immediatley. The latest fiasco on emmisions means that new trucks from next year need to comply to Euro 6 standard, which means these new trucks will use more diesel and will not carry the same payload. Which in turn means putting more trucks on the roads, which defeats the object and don't forget that each of these trucks will pump out more dioxyins and suplhates. Waste packaging legislation means that all our paper/cardboard and plastic waste is sent to China where they use it to make stuff to sell back to us. At it's peak felixtowe was shipping 14 container ships a day to China. So how is this fighting fosil fuel depletion and carbon emmisions, when each day 14 ships set sail over 8,000 miles burning diesel. Its done this way because landfill taxes over here are ridiculouse and councils sell their waste and make money from it .... your money actually and they don't care about emmisions otherwise they wouldn't ship their waste to somewhere where there are no emmision standards.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Europe - Should We Get Out Empty Re: Europe - Should We Get Out

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:25 am

staying in or getting out is too simple a question.

I am in favour of a confederacy of independent states with no centralised government or the like but which drops trade barriers (although not immigration borders)
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 am

I see the EU have today mentioned that they want a 6.2% budget rise from each of the countries. This is crazy, when every country in Europe is tightening belts and making massive cuts, these wastrells want even more cash. i hope cameron has the balls to tell them to do one
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 am

Sorry Doc but I think Cameron is a eunuch!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Well after the weekends fall-out in France and Greece, what now for the European model. The Germans are already bleating about the new frog who insists he will be renogotiating the latest austerity policy, and the Greeks have said they want a far right or a far left government and the whole country looks like its about to implode. When this happens, as the Euro beurocrats should have seen, they will need to expel the Greeks from the Euro. The markets are already falling and pandamonium is about to reign, why do you think the exchange rate today has hit 120 to the pound, for the first time in years.

A telling snippet from the Greek far right leader, who have had several MP's elected for the first time ...."Immigrants get out of my country, get out of my home"
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I think the Germans will just have to accept that the austerity measures are too severe...which they are. The whole of Southern Europe welcomed the dwarf being kicked out and the end of the cosy Merkosi axis.
Hollande clearly has Camerons card marked as well, get involved or get the hell out basically, be interesting to see what happens next.
There is nothing wrong with the Greeks having a far right or a far left party, as long as its a democratic process then I have no issue with it. Not everything is about the centre, which lets face it, has been responsible to a large degree for the current sorry state of affairs.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue May 08, 2012 11:34 pm

It's not good when the Swiss have tagged their currency to the Euro and your Mrs needs to send back £#,000s of CHF back to the UK each month.

In August we got 81p to the CHF - now it's down to 67p. I'll be sending her money at this rate!
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed May 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Merc - you can hedge this by selling CHF forward with a FX broker or bank.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down