My Happiness.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Happiness.....

Post by diggers on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 am

Bit of the reverse to Blues very sad thread and is in no way meant in any horrible way as I really feel for the guy but thought I'd lighten the mood with some good news.
As many of you know Ive just recently had a little girl and we found out very early in the pregnancy that she had an issue with her heart. It made for a very stressful pregnancy for my wife as we were told during the very frequent scans and pediatrician appointments that there was a high chance of a need for an operation and also of her having a chromosone abnomality called Digeorge symdrome which causes weak immunity, learning difficultues, schizophrenia and potentially a whole host of other problems.
The horrible thing was that even after the birth we wouldnt know for several weeks whether she was OK. Well we found out yesterday that my perfect little girl is indeed that and I cant begin to ex plain the relief, the elephant in the room can pack its trunk and finally leave.
So thats my news and Im a very happy chap, just have to find a way of making her stop screaming now Smile

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Happiness.....

Post by BlueCoverman on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 am

That is just fantastic news Diggers, what a dreadfully worrying time that must have been for you and your wife.

Very pleased for you, I am sure that your perfect little girl will make you very proud. It only seems a short while ago that my own daughter was a screaming baby and she is now 14 going on 18!
BlueCoverman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 am

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am

*sigh* I'm so pleased for you Digs and a nice foil. Good news is so uplifting and good news about young children even more so.
oldshanker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Diggers can't imagine what you and 'herindoors' were going through, but fantastic outcome. Have a drink, kiss the wife and spare a thought for Blue
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Fantastic news Digger - really pleased for you and the family.
Mary_S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm

What a relief it must be for both of you. That's great news and it's nice we can all share the good and the bad times. What a fantastic forum this is - even if we do all have the occasional spat .. Innocent It's certainly true that friendship will out in the end.
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Congrats Digs, that's great news.
My 'herindoors' is due in a little over a month and i'm nervous that everything goes well, let alone with the worries you had during the birth. Must be a relief and a half

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:15 am

Top news Diggers, a huge weight of relief that must be for you and your good lady. Not only a weight off but also freedom to watch the little one grow without the stress of wondering what may happen.

Really pleased for you as from one father to another there's no more useless feeling than simply not knowing.
Maverick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 am

Cheers guys, much appreciated. MPB, you'll be fine mate. Dont envy you the birth process though, I'm happy not to have that again. Mav, if you were there for all five of yours fair play to you.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 am

Indeed there for all 5 of them, still remember then all for there differences as well, waterbirths were the best though!

But MPB you during labour you will realise what it truly feels like to be useless!! But I promise its worth it
Maverick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Ha, thanks guys
Fingers crossed all will go well. In the meantime i will just have to settle with being told how useless i am affraid

MustPuttBetter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Just wanted to share a little good news - my daughter got her University results yesterday and I'm pleased to say she got a 1st for her B.Mus degree

Proud moment for me and she's deserved it and has worked very hard; I went to see her a few weeks ago giving her 45 minute solo recital (she's a soprano) - seemed to make all the money spent on her education worthwhile (though she's staying on at least one more year for post-grad studies)
Davie
Admin

View user profile http://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Great news, Davie! And so lovely to hear of someone who has a good degree in a sensible subject. As a fellow singer (I'm an alto but not in her league) I know how difficult and nerve-wracking a recital can be, so well done to her. I'm sure there'll be a very proud Dad at her graduation.

Looking at previous posts on this thread, I think we must all assume that Maverick has moved to the US! I used to enjoy his contribution so he's much missed. I wonder if he'll come back once he's settled and join Venice and 1GG as our "overseas" chums?
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks LP - not sure how much she'll keep up the performance aspect of her degree (though I'm sure she'll continue it for "fun") - she seems keen to either pursue a career in academia or she also has a lot of interest in music therapy

The recital was all a little highbrow for me and I wsn't familiar with much of her material on the day, but it still sounded good to me!

If you as a singer are interested, here is one of the videos from her performance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcFgdSAtOoI&feature=relmfu
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Lovely performance and a beautiful voice - you must be chuffed to bits! Music therapy sounds a good way to go to me.
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Congrats to you Davie and your daughter. Looks like one proud dad!

Looking back through the thread I hope Digs has managed to finally calm his screaming bundle of joy.

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 am

She's doing fine now cheers Grumps, does a lot of smiling which always makes my day and is giving us a fair bit of sleep so cant complain.
Congrats Davie, you must be one one proud Dad.

diggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

Good stuff Digs.

Oh, and by the way, happy belated fathers day to all the dads on here.

1GrumpyGolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 am

Good news diggers.
oldparwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 am

Its a good feeling isn't it Davie?.

Son and both daughters have gone on to further education ending in Bachelors degrees for daughters and Doctorate in my sons case.

Even I went back to University as a mature student and got a degree.

Humph - education, it's wasted on the young. Wink
oldshanker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 am

Many congratulations to you and your daughter Davie...She has a lovely voice and I'm sure she had to work very hard to attain her degree.

My son starts his A levels in September and plans to go on to University to study law...don't know where he gets his academic qualities from, certainly not from me!
BlueCoverman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 am

Thanks everyone - and good luck to your son BCM; a law degree is a tough one! I met my ex at University when she was studying for a law degree so I know how hard that course is.

(stupid Davie - marrying a lawyer)
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top