Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

+13
gaelgowfer
LadyPutt
diggers
Noshankingtonite
Doon the Water
BlueCoverman
ChrisGG
Davie
MustPuttBetter
Maverick
LondonJonnyO
Doc
drive4show
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 Empty Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Discuss footy, life, politics, weather, women (and men if you feel the need Wink ), nurses, smileys......just about anything really.

Just one criteria, it must be entertaining!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by Davie Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am

Love it! Just goes to show the depths the Daily Mail has sunk to these days

Some of the items on the list are pure genius!

Tap Water
Working
Nuclear Power (with no hint of irony)
Talcum Powder
Soup
Poverty
Money
Left-handedness!!!
Flip Flops
Facebook!
Blowjobs

I wonder what the average Daily Mail reader does all day!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 am

Davie wrote:Love it! Just goes to show the depths the Daily Mail has sunk to these days

Some of the items on the list are pure genius!

Tap Water
Working
Nuclear Power (with no hint of irony)
Talcum Powder
Soup
Poverty
Money
Left-handedness!!!
Flip Flops
Facebook!
Blowjobs

I wonder what the average Daily Mail reader does all day!

Good to see they are tackle the important matters after all the price of a blowjob these is scandalous Innocent
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

I thought that you had a queue of Nurse Nurse Nurse all wanting to do it for free Mav? Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 am

BlueCoverman wrote:I thought that you had a queue of Nurse Nurse Nurse all wanting to do it for free Mav? Wink

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 3497602689 That I do blue afro but you know the more you have the more you want different risk right Nurse
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 am

Steady...you know the trouble that Tiger got into! Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 3497602689
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Steady...you know the trouble that Tiger got into! Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 3497602689

Difference is he got caught Innocent lol!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 3497602689 I like your style!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

Its just how I roll Cool
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:08 am

They say it costs 'Joe Public' £35k a year for some families to live on the dole in London.
That can't be right........send them to Norfolk I say.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 am

Doon the Water wrote:They say it costs 'Joe Public' £35k a year for some families to live on the dole in London.
That can't be right........send them to Norfolk I say.

Accorsing to reports Doon they reckon its 28k a year and that equates to a pre-tax working wage of 35k so DCam is saying! And they want to cap the benefits at 26k Per annum for those claiming benefits!

Makes me wonder how they've never thought of looking at historical tax and NI contributionsof thise claiming to see who is genuinely unemployed but has made a recent contribution so should be entitled to help compared to those that have never worked a day in their lives!

Some are making a living off benefits whilst others are genuine but the government don't look at who is genuine due to e.g stay at home mum who has kids under 5 but has lost her partner due to bereavement who has no choice in the short term to claim, she loses out due to the idleness of those that can't be arsed to work as they find it eaiser to be a dole bum with added benefits than work
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 am

Mav: I am currently one of those 'dole bums' - difference being though, I have contributed for 26 years in my tax and NI contributions, so feel I'm entitled to claim something back from the state.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:06 am

Noshankingtonite wrote:Mav: I am currently one of those 'dole bums' - difference being though, I have contributed for 26 years in my tax and NI contributions, so feel I'm entitled to claim something back from the state.

You BUM. Hope your now drinking cans of Tenants Super and smoking roll ups, and cashing your giro at cash converters to then spend on cheap ale in wetherspoons.

In all seriousness NST that's my point they could look at your case, say "yep this fella's contributed for 26years, therefore he is entitled to all the help he gets"

But then say well Miss B Have! Is 25years old, has a 8 year old and 6 year old child and never work or contributed an ounce to the fund is therefore required to at least get some part time work in order to get benefits.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Is this not just a SE England thing due to the different property costs with the rest of the UK.
I don't mind helping folk out who have fallen on tough times but I certainly don't want to keep supporting 'comfortable' families in large houses.

Me 48 years in work.......never claimed a penny.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Surprisingly not Doon.

I think the largest proportion is greater London with something 54% of the total benefit claimants but the rest is equally spread around the larger cities like birmingham, manchester, glasgow and Cardiff.

So whilst the impact of housing costs in London does have a huge effect the same can't be said for other places.

Your issue about supporting comfortable families is exactly what I mean by they should means test it if a family has fallen on hard times through loss of earnings in someway but has actively contributed then they should be entitled to help as they've paid for it in past taxes

my problem purely stems from those that basically seek a living as a benefit claimant, theres a lady who has 3 kids that attend my youngest sons nursery and another that is newborn who is openly proud of the fact she has 4 kids, a 4 bedroom home a new car all the trimmings like Sky and designer clothes yet has never worked a day in her life as what's the point the council will pay. She also is proud to say not one of her kids has the same father!

Its those people that don't deserve it!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Doon the Water wrote:Is this not just a SE England thing due to the different property costs with the rest of the UK.
I don't mind helping folk out who have fallen on tough times but I certainly don't want to keep supporting 'comfortable' families in large houses.

Me 48 years in work.......never claimed a penny.

Doon this is for everywhere, and you wouldn't believe the rent charges being asked for these days. Private property owners are making hay in the present economic climate, because people cannot afford the deposit to get on the property ladder. So they go to rent places and the owners have inflated rentals by a huge %. Councils nowadays have got to look at comparing local private rental prices and council owned rents, so that they can make a bit more revenue as their central funds are reduced. I vicious circle where the property prices are falling with many going into negative equity. Redundancies forcing some owners out and onto the rental market, banks not giving mortgages to those that can afford them and raising deposit %. So plenty of people who see banks not paying decent interest will move their cash into property as they will get a much better return.

£35k equivalent (£26k after tax) on benefit isn't fair for those people who are working their nags off and scratching to make ends meet, whilst plenty of lazy b4stards live off the sate and are better off. I know a few unlucky people who have lost their jobs and are struggling, and as far as I'm concerned they have paid plenty into the exchequer for many years, whilst there are people who have contributed zero and expect to go through life being better off than people who work. The whole welfare state system needs reform
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Ive got a coupld of rental properties in London. The truth uis that for a very long time rents did pretty much nothing, they were more or less at a constant for a decade. Certainly of you looked at the way property prices were going through the roof the rental incomes were pretty much the same....hence the decline in the buy to let market as there simply wasnt the return for investors as you also have to realise that buy to let mortgage rates are not that great.
They have started rising in the past few years primarily because of increased demand obviously. But they will level off, in fact they already have, there is only so much rent people can afford to pay.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 pm

I do mind helping out people who have fallen on hard times. It's their own bloody fault for not saving for when the shit hits the fan.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:33 pm

I don't think our household's combined income (after tax) is any more than £26,000 and we manage perfectly well. A woman featured on BBC London last night was complaining that she's a single mother (foreign) with 2 children and no-one from her family lives here to help her and she doesn;t understand why she should have her benefits capped. I say - get back to where you come from, then, and stop sponging on us. Another lady - a pensioner - was interviewed and she laughed. "I don't get anywhere near that to live on" she said. Like NST, she's probably paid in all her life and never claimed a penny in extra benefits.

Time for a degree of fairness in life, I think.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 pm

I agree. Enforced euthanasia to stop the eldery raping the treasury via so called "winter fuel supplements"
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm

I find it amazing that politicians of all colours, don't think like the public. At the top of peoples worries/gripes is 1) Immigration and the way the UK system is abused for health and benefit system. 2) Workshy chavs who think they are entitled to do nothing and get well rewarded for it. Even when they go to court for the repeat offending they walk away with a fine that they pay at 25p per month, so not even a slap on the wrist. These people should be doing the jobs the immigrants came over to do, even if that means cleaning, hotel jobs or other low paying jobs.

All politicains know how the electorate feels about these things, but due to PCism and EU legislation bite their tongues and water everything down. No wonder people don't turn out to vote and have lost confidence in the political elite. Also another reason for the rise in BNP and UK independance party. How dare those dickheads in the Lords vote against the government, and how can Labour agree with the policy and then not vote for it ....

Maybe its time a form of national service was brought back, so that those low paying jobs are all taken, so that numbers from eastern europe can fall. Why are our hospitals flooded with foreign nurses, when we have unemployed nurses and newly trained nurses who can't get a job. Why is it the same with teachers? and i know a lot of the problems in London for example are down to high cost of housing, so foriegn teachers/nurses are employed because nobody else can afford to live down there, and those that could are not willing to live in certain areas ....
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

Just had a little browse on the other side...is it really normal for grown men to like wrestling? confused
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Maybe its time a form of national service was brought back,

This is something I've advocated for a hell of a long time even mentioned it on the darkside when we were debating unemployment over there. I'd set it up in a way that those that are school leavers and can't be bothered to work or go into further education are made to join one of the forces whereby they learn discipline and life skills, can learn a trade and at the end of their service can become a decent hard working member of society.

I'd also enforce a working policy for the unemployed dole spongers, by this I don't mean the likes of NST who have always worked and been made unemployed through no fault of their own. I mean the types that have never worked or have been unempoyed for 3months +. If they are unemployed after 3months then they don't get the luxury of sitting around with their thumbs up their backside but instead have to do public service to earn their Job Seekers allowance, I'd have them doing minimum 25hours a week litter picking, removing graffiti from town centres all sorts of jobs like that they'll soon realise its not worth the poxy 67quid a week they get and if they are being made to do crap jobs to earn a pittance they may as well take one of those offered for at least double the money.

Don't even get me started on incapacity benefit grrrrr!

Just had a little browse on the other side...is it really normal for grown men to like wrestling?

Let me guess the pansyboys are discussing the royal rumble! The event my 6 year old son is wanting me to record! The one where a bunch of oiled up men grope each other in attempt to be the so called (already pre-determined) last man standing!

As far as I'm concerned any male over the age of 11 should be aware wrestling is toilet, not entertaining and how those tubes over there can think its worth watching sums up the very reason, Davie, Merc and I were banished with no reason being given and that's they are mentally still 5 years old, probably givinf their old chap a tug to a picture whoever is the latest steroid pansy poster boy. Quite sad really!

Funny thing is if one of these wrestling watching weirdos tried saying wrestlers are real fighters I'd point out their former glory boy and meat head head Brock Lesnars record against real fighters when he tried fighting in the UFC. To say he was battered would be too polite!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Now come on Mav. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think Wink
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Funny thing is Davie I toned it down! Haha.....

Well thought I'd say how I felt but c'mon grown men watching wrestling! That's worse than a dole dum! At leats a dole bum would have the decency to waste their money in a bookies or in wetherspoons!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Mav
As a youngster I met George Zaharis [Babes husband]. He was about 70 years old and an ex professional wrestler.
When staying in our village he was invited to a posh drinkies reception where one over oiled guest started talking loudly about how false wrestling was etc.

Conversation stopped when George slam dunked him into the carpet. Much to the amusement of the other guests.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Laughing

Like it Doon. Hadn't heard that one before.

I used to play in the Babe Zaharias in the days when it was contested by the leading scottish women golfers. It used to be held at Torphin Hill (methinks "Hill" doesn't quite do it justice!). Sadly, it fell out of favour and although various formats were tried, the event was eventually dropped.

Wonder what happened to that huge trophy?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Isn't there proper wrestling like in the Olympics. That's not this namby pamby crap that they love over on the dark side.

They're celebrating the one year anniversary over there and Mac posted about the golf boards civil war, his words. When asked about it he said it was still too raw to talk about those wounds. He annoys the bejesus out of me at times. Kwini was brave he seemed to put the blame squarely on Adam. Maybe he'll get banned and can come join us.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Mav is going to be very happy. Nurses are going to feature very heavily in the Olympic opening ceremony.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:Mav is going to be very happy. Nurses are going to feature very heavily in the Olympic opening ceremony.

Blimey, it'll be unlikely that he'll contain himself. His missus best leave the house when the opening ceremony starts. She'll end up pregnant, again, the second his swimmers leave his body. Even if he's in a different room.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:36 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Mav is going to be very happy. Nurses are going to feature very heavily in the Olympic opening ceremony.

Blimey, it'll be unlikely that he'll contain himself. His missus best leave the house when the opening ceremony starts. She'll end up pregnant, again, the second his swimmers leave his body. Even if he's in a different room.

Need to be careful here guys because apparently his latest addition turns out be someone elses on countback Innocent
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Doc wrote:
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:

Need to be careful here guys because apparently his latest addition turns out be someone elses on countback Innocent

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 3497602689

I think it was a false start myself. Time to bring in video technology.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

[quote="Maverick"]

This is something I've advocated for a hell of a long time even mentioned it on the darkside when we were debating unemployment over there. I'd set it up in a way that those that are school leavers and can't be bothered to work or go into further education are made to join one of the forces whereby they learn discipline and life skills, can learn a trade and at the end of their service can become a decent hard working member of society.
[quote]

Alternatively they just come out as the same meatheads but better able to hurt people. I think its highly unlikely that if they brought back national service they would bother teaching them a trade, that would actually cost money. It would just be the equivalent of sending them to borstal and we know that never stops the majority reoffending.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:56 am

So now we know what the muppets on the darkside have in store that has caused the delay in their "golf exclusive"

http://www.v2journal.com/

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

I saw the appeal for writers. I'm sure the global annoucement will be fantastic

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am

I have just had an irishwoman cost my boss and I around 750k off our budget through complete idiocy and a lack of understanding.... it's constantly the bloody irish who do this... Are you all genetically engineered towards being a bloody fool or do you have to work at it?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:38 am

[quote="diggers"][quote="Maverick"]

Alternatively they just come out as the same meatheads but better able to hurt people. I think its highly unlikely that if they brought back national service they would bother teaching them a trade, that would actually cost money. It would just be the equivalent of sending them to borstal and we know that never stops the majority reoffending.

Spoken by someone without any service so no idea of the training on offer and paid employment avaialbe to them to prevent just that diggers!

Never know your meatheads may get killed in service to their country sure thatd please you instead wouldn't it!

Why does someone need be a meathead to have served! Or indeed unemployed! Never know some of this kids could end up on the officer training programme but then what would a meathead do with the right encouragement just smack up and rob you or possibly have the chance at a better life!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:43 am

On the contrary I will be out of the country for most of it! IMO the Olympics is the single most noring sports event known to man and not to mention a damn waste of money investing in 2nd rate british sportsmen and women whose idea of competitng is to be nowhere near good enough to get near a medal is a joke. With apart from Cyclcing, Rowing and not much else were shit!

If you mentioned the winter Olympics then I'd be all over that like a rash or a better way of saying it all over it lke Mac and an underage witch! Winter Olympics far more entertaining and enthralling
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 am

[quote="Maverick"][quote="diggers"]
Maverick wrote:

Spoken by someone without any service so no idea of the training on offer and paid employment avaialbe to them to prevent just that diggers!

Never know your meatheads may get killed in service to their country sure thatd please you instead wouldn't it!

Why does someone need be a meathead to have served! Or indeed unemployed! Never know some of this kids could end up on the officer training programme but then what would a meathead do with the right encouragement just smack up and rob you or possibly have the chance at a better life!

Try reading my post. I'm saying the type of person you are whinging about needing national service is a meathead , not that everyone who joins up is one. Every post on here is like a diatribe or lecture from you Mav, getting very dull when you dont like anyone else having an opinion.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 am

well if thats what your saying diggers then maybe you should read what i wrote first!

because i never mentioned meatheads! i said nothing about meatheads! But then you say about me and diatribe isn't that exactly what you've been doing in response also very boring but I'm sorry if I bore you I must remember not to have an opinion you don't happen to like!

For god sake man its a forum for opinion if you don't like it don't read it! Or respond but you have yours and I have mine so quite the crap about me going on I am allowed to disagree as are you!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 am

Anyway swiftly moving on.......

Anyone see Patrick Stweart on tv tonight talking about wayne rooneys new hair! Never thought I'd see a shakespearean actor talking about how he may do a rooney and go for hair implants fortunately he was mocking it! Phew!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Saw The Grey with Liam Neeson [also on the show] yesterday.
Wonderful film with a great ending.

If you own an alsation dog I would give it a miss though.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 am

I went to my local Tesco tonight to use the cashpoint.

Insert card, enter PIN
Select cash withdrawal
Enter amount....£50 All normal up to this point.

Next screen, a retail survey type question.......

Will I be buying any coco pops today?......... WTF!!!!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 am

drive4show wrote:I went to my local Tesco tonight to use the cashpoint.

Insert card, enter PIN
Select cash withdrawal
Enter amount....£50 All normal up to this point.

Next screen, a retail survey type question.......

Will I be buying any coco pops today?......... WTF!!!!

Was the survey question concerning buying a present for Rory's father to celebrate Coco's #1 status?
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Where is D4S these days? Just wondering

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 am

Getting soaked at Saunton according to the 'Faith in what you're doing' thread... Rain Cloud
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 am

Dipping into the dark side as a "guest" I see Adam D Hobonator is still about as popular there as a pork chop at a Jewish wedding Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 1562444022

Think he'd have got the message by now
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Adam is still posting inane comments about golf too, showing he knows absolutely jack s**t about the game. That's what finished me in the end - when he started posting about women's golf as well...... Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 2 1505004552
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 am

I saw a few weeks back he posted an article entitled 'an apology' and then went on to apologise to everyone for something or another having got out of hand.

Oddly, i couldn't find the article in question.........

Oh dear

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 am

As I understand it a few of the other admins are not happy and I heard that even Hero (the site founder) got sick of it all and handed it over lock stock and barrell to Hobo. Hero (or whatever he calls himself now) went back to being a regular member for a few days though he now has a title again - but last I heard he was abdicating all responsibilities
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 am

Looks like it's all gone to pot without the golf section tongue

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next