Cash ISAs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cash ISAs

Post by Mercurio on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am

Has anyone heard of any better details than the C&G Fixed Rate ISA - Issue 13?

It's 3.9% p.a. albeit the funds have to stay in place for 3 years otherwise you lose the equivalent of 120 days interest (approx just under £70).
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by LondonJonnyO on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:16 am

There's a couple of high return (in excess of 7%) products on the market but RBS is the deposit taker.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 862
Join date : 2011-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by Mercurio on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:There's a couple of high return (in excess of 7%) products on the market but RBS is the deposit taker.

ISAs?
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 am

Not much better Merc
Nationwide are offering an online account at 3.10% but only if you're transferring over a balance in excess of £25k

Otherwise i can't better your 3.9%

MustPuttBetter

Posts : 529
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 37
Location : Woking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 am

Mercurio wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:There's a couple of high return (in excess of 7%) products on the market but RBS is the deposit taker.

ISAs?

No

MustPuttBetter

Posts : 529
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 37
Location : Woking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by MustPuttBetter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 am

Having said that Merc, Halifax do a few at better rates (4.20% link attached) but you've got to lock the money in for a few years and the penalties are a bit steeper than your 120 days

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/accounts/cash-isas/isa-saver-fixed/

MustPuttBetter

Posts : 529
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 37
Location : Woking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by oldshanker on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:39 am

Mercurio wrote:Has anyone heard of any better details than the C&G Fixed Rate ISA - Issue 13?

It's 3.9% p.a. albeit the funds have to stay in place for 3 years otherwise you lose the equivalent of 120 days interest (approx just under £70).

What does it drop to after 1 year Merc? 'cos if like a lot of them it falls to 0.5%, 2 years at that would be a tad galling!
avatar
oldshanker

Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by Doon the Water on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 am

I have done quite well out of Premium Bonds.
I know the experts say don't touch them but they are definately outperforming ISA's for me.
Perhaps I'm lucky!!

I get seriously peeved about having to change an ISA each year and waste another hour of my life at Santantda


Last edited by Doon the Water on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Doon the Water

Posts : 289
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 69
Location : Galloway Forrest dweller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by BlueCoverman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 am

Lucky in golf and Premium Bonds then Doon
avatar
BlueCoverman

Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by Mercurio on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:49 am

oldshanker wrote:
Mercurio wrote:Has anyone heard of any better details than the C&G Fixed Rate ISA - Issue 13?

It's 3.9% p.a. albeit the funds have to stay in place for 3 years otherwise you lose the equivalent of 120 days interest (approx just under £70).

What does it drop to after 1 year Merc? 'cos if like a lot of them it falls to 0.5%, 2 years at that would be a tad galling!

It's 3.9% for each of the three years, oldshanker.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 598
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by oldshanker on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 am

Sounds like one of the better deals out there if you are happy to forget about the money for 3 years.

Personally, I'm with Doon at the moment. Premium bonds!
avatar
oldshanker

Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by BlueCoverman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:36 am

Had my first decent cheque from Ernie last year. £1000 the week before we were going on holiday, that was the spending
money sorted! cheers
avatar
BlueCoverman

Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cash ISAs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum